Enter Printer Model
Canon provides its customers with some of the most dependable and efficient printing solutions available. Their multi-award-winning printers are extremely prolific and adaptable. They are equipped with cutting-edge technology and are intuitively designed to provide an unrivaled user experience. However, you must correctly set it up in order to get all of its benefits.
This includes getting the hardware ready and connecting it to the network. In addition, the most important step is to correctly install the Canon Printer. This allows your computing system to control the operation of your easy-to-use printer.
Canon Printer: How To Install ?
Canon Printer installation is extremely quick and simple. It allows customers to install it using two different approaches in order to make things easier for them. To put it another way, you can set up a Canon printer using an installation CD or via a website. After downloading the right model of Printer Drivers then, the installation process is possible. This is not necessary if you utilize the included Installation CD to complete the process.
Installation CD Method
The installation process via CD is easy and can help in installing the printer drivers. Read below to follow the installation steps via CD.
- Start off by turning on your system.
- You now need to insert the Installation CD into the CD Disk Drive of your system. Ensure that you use the same CD that comes with the printer package.
- Install Canon Printer will then appear in its AutoPlay window. In any case, if it isn’t there. Go to your computer’s CD Drive. After that, click twice on it.
- Upon receiving the AutoPlay screen, choose “Run Setup File.” Click on it.
- A window named “User Account Control” will now come up on the screen. To install a Canon Printer, you should click “Yes” or “Continue”.
- In turn, the Installer’s Welcome box will appear. Therefore, click on “Next”.
- To proceed, click “Install .Net Framework”. There is a possibility your system will not get this window if you already have the software. Simply click “Yes” if the message appears.
You May Read Also: Canon Pixma MX490
- Thereafter, the “Software License Agreement” appears. Be sure to read it carefully. By clicking “Yes”, you will be able to continue.
- The next window provides you with a list of the software you have installed. It allows you to select the appropriate Canon Printer installation software. If you want your Printer to perform at its best, you should install the complete software package. Therefore, click “Select All”.
- Select “Next”.
- You will then need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining steps until you reach the Software Installation window.
- Click on “Install” to finish.
- In the end, it will install Canon Printer Drivers. Wait for it to be completed.
- Under the next window named Setup Completion, tap on Complete.
- Select “Next”.
- After that, it will take you to a window displaying its “Extended Survey Program”. Thus, take a look at the program details. Click “Agree” to enroll in the same. Alternatively, you can skip it by selecting “Do Not Agree.”.
- A “Test Print” window will appear after that. In order to ensure the successful installation of Canon Printer, click “Execute”.
- Upon completion of the process, click “Exit”.
- Restart your computer at last.
For installing Canon printers, the Website method is the most successful and convenient alternative. By following this procedure, you will always have the most recent version of the Printer Driver Software.
- In order to start this process, download the software from Canon’s official website.
- You will need to navigate to the Setup page of “canon.com/ijsetup“.
- You can search for your particular printer model using this window.
- Under the Search Bar, type up the Model Number of the printer.
- Click on “Go”.
- Alternatively, you can choose a printer model number from the list.
- Once you have reached the required page, locate the “OS” drop-down box in the top right corner of the screen.
- On the following page, click “OS” and select your Computer.
- In this case, a secure link will be provided for you to download the accurate Printer Driver. Click on it to learn more. Be patient while the software downloads.
- After this, follow the instructions for installing Canon Printer.
The Installation Process
- The first step is to locate the downloaded Printer Driver in your System. Most computers have it stored in their default download location.
- You must open the Canon printer installation file in order to install it. Double-click it to do this.
- The Security Prompt will appear as soon as the installer has launched. Therefore, click ‘Run” to initiate the validation process.
- A window named “User Account Control” will now come up on the screen. To permit the installation, click “Yes”.
- This will open the Printer Setup Wizard. There is a choice of language here. Then select “Language”. Choose accordingly.
- Select “Next” in the following window.
- In the next step, choose your residence carefully. Select “Next”.
- Then, read the “License Agreement” that appears in the next window. By clicking “Yes” you agree to these terms and can install a Canon printer.
- A Firewall Settings window appears next. Therefore, you must check the box besides the “Deactivate the Block” tab.
- Select “Next”.
- Thus, the “Connection Method” window appears. During the configuration process, you will be prompted to specify the connection method. To be more specific, choose between “Wired” and “Wireless”. Select “Next”.
- The next step is Network Setup. By following the provided instructions, the process can be successfully completed.
- The following section includes an overview of Canon printer software. Therefore, choose wisely. Select “Next”.
- Installation will begin after this. It will, however, take some time. Thus, you should wait for it.
- Click “Exit” at the end. Restart your computer afterwards.
From CD installation to website usage, our article is a comprehensive guide for all the users looking to install Canon Printer easily. We hope you are satisfied with our services and are able to work with the installation process with ease.