Enter Printer Model
Scanners are the machines to convert the hardcopy of any document into a digital one. With the help of the ultrasound waves and radiations, the scanners will convert the document to a digital one. Besides printers, Canon is one of the popular brands manufacturing top-notch scanners. It uses advanced technology and also, innovative features to make its products more reliable and worth using. They are easier to use and also constructive to use. One of such features offered by Canon is the IJ scan utility for Windows/Mac.
This is software used to scan documents on both Windows and Mac. If you are new to what the IJ scan utility is, this guide is for you. Check out everything about the canon scan utility and also the process to use it on the system.
Introduction to IJ Scan Utility for Windows/Mac
IJ Scan Utility is software that you can use to scan documents on both windows and Mac. With this application, you can scan both photos and documents. Other than this, you can also personalize the settings according to your requirements like modifying the size resolution, color mode, or the data format of your document. There is also an auto-scan feature available and it detects automatically that whether you have placed a photo or document in the scanner and will scan the documents according to that only. Let’s get started with the installation of the IJ scan utility.
Features of IJ Scan Utility for Windows/Mac
This scanning software comes up with a lot of advanced features to make the software convenient and full of experience for you. Below we have mentioned a list of some of the advanced features that you get with this tool.
Single Click Scan
Scanning your document is now hassle-free for you. All you have to do is a single click and it will scan your document perfectly. You can choose the type of document that you are scanning like document, photo, and more. Also, the interface is quite user-friendly.
Not only with your system, but you can also integrate this tool with different other applications. With this, you can save the files in your favorite folder and also, perform different other operations.
Save Documents Automatically
Now, the next feature that we love about this software is that it will save the documents automatically. You do not need to do it manually. When the scanning process will complete, it will save the scanned images or documents in the default folder which is the Documents folder on your system. But, if you want to change the location, you can change it according to you.
One of the interesting features that you get in with the IJ scan utility is that you can merge large documents into a single frame. It simply means that if you have a larger image to scan, you can do it by scanning the image in halves and then merge them on the screen. Like this, you can also merge more than two images and be creative.
Now, the next feature is that you can also customize the settings of your scanner according to your preferences. You can change the resolution, ratio, and other settings to get a personalized experience with your printer. Your machine becomes more convenient to use.
You May Also like: Canon MG2520 Printer
Steps to Install IJ Scan Utility for Windows/Mac
Now, if you have to install the Canon IJ scan utility on the system, there are two methods that you can use. The very first method is to use a CD or just download it from the Canon support page. Below we have mentioned the steps that you need to follow for both methods.
Using the Web Page
- To start with, you will have to open the web browser o the system. Always make sure that you are using an updated version of the browser. In the address bar of the web browser, you need to type usa.canon.com/support.
- In the next window, you will have to choose the model of the printer or scanner that you are using. In case you do not remember it, you will have to check the label at the backside of the printer and then choose the model number.
- When you will type the name of the printer, the list of all the available printers will appear on the screen. Choose the one that you are using.
- In the next window, you will have to choose the option to download the drivers. Under the downloads option, you will have to look for the MP drivers package. The scan utility is available in the MP driver package only.
- Now, you will have to choose the version of Windows that you are using in case you are downloading it on the windows system. In case you are using it on Mac, choose Mac.
- After this, you will have to choose the download button and then the process of downloading will start.
- Once done, you will have to double-click on the downloaded file and then begin the installing process.
- You will then have to connect the printer and the system. Now, choose the MP drivers option and begin the installation process.
Using the CD
Now, the next method is to use the CD to install the IJ scan utility. For this, you will have to insert the utility CD in the CD-ROM that you have purchased from the service provider. Next, a dialog box will appear on the screen, and then choose the Setup option and then the main window will appear on the screen. You will then have to use a USB cable and then attach the system and the scanner.
If you want you can choose to create a wireless setup if it is supported by your printer. When done, a list of all the software will appear on the screen and you need to choose the MP drivers option. In the confirmation prompt, you need to click on the Yes option and begin the installation process. Wait for it to complete. When complete, choose Finish.
Steps to Launch Canon IJ Scan Utility
Now, that you have properly downloaded the IJ scan utility for Windows/Mac, you will have to launch it on the system. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow for each operating system.
- First, you will have to click on the Go option present on the top of your screen.
- Next, all the options will appear on the screen.
- Under this, you need to choose the application folder and then a list of all the installed applications will appear on the screen.
- From this list, you will have to look for the Canon utility folder and then click on the folder.
- In the folder, look for the select IJ scan utility and then choose to proceed. You will also have to choose the Canon scan utility lite. The IJ scan utility window will then open on the screen.
- To start with, you will have to tap on the start menu and then press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- You will then have to open the search bar and type Canon utilities. The folder will open on the screen.
- Next, you will have to click on the arrow key on the side of the Canon utility folder and then the utility software list will open on the screen.
- From the folder, you will have to choose the Scan utility and then the main window will open on the screen. it will contain different options like Auto Scan, Photo, OCR, Email, Document.
Steps to Scan Images Using Stitch Function
Now, if you want to scan larger images in your scanner, you will have to make use of the stitch function. This function comes up with the IJ Scan utility only. It will help you to merge the two halves of the image into one and create a single frame. To use this utility, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to start the IJ scan utility on the system and then go to the settings option. Next, set the item type and resolution according to your requirements. When done, simply click on Ok and save the settings.
- Next, you will have to go to the stitch option and then the Image stitch window will appear on the screen.
- You will now have to enter the output size of the image that you want.
- Next, you will have to hover the cursor in the direction of the scan field and choose the option to scan from the left.
- Place the item properly and make sure that the image faces downwards.
- Now, you will have to place the remaining side of the image and then choose to start scanning the image.
- When these two images will be scanned, they will appear on the computer screen. the next thing that you will have to do is to merge these images.
- For this, you will have to go to the toolbar and then adjust the image in your preferred way.
- When you will get your required image, simply choose the save button.
To Wind Up
So, the IJ Scan utility is nothing but software to help you perform the scanning of documents easily. We hope that our efforts to explain to you about the IJ scan utility for Windows/Mac were successful. We hope that this helped you. In case you still get stuck somewhere, we will advise you to contact the support team.