Canon provides the best printing experience to its users. It is ranked as the top-notch printer building company that gains its followers from all over the world. The user can easily deliver high yield and lost-cost printing. At times, users find it hard to conduct a cableless setup Canon Printer.
Well, if you are among them then make sure to get a full understanding of this post. Here, you will be guided through all the ways to know, how to connect canon printer to wifi.
Cableless Setup of Canon Printer through CD and wifi
Well, there is a total of five ways that you can use to establish a cableless setup on the Canon printer. You can go with any of the following ways that suit you best and consume less energy and time.
1. Standard Setup Method
The standard setup method requires the running of the CD driver that comes along with the printer. You can establish the cableless setup by using this CD on the device. Follow the steps carefully to conduct the standard setup.
- Switch on the printer, computer, and router.
- Just ensure that the green-colored light is lit inside the printer’s power lamp.
- The light should not fluctuate.
- If it is fluctuating then wait till it becomes stable.
- Thereafter, open the Computer’s CD drive.
- You may get an installation CD with the printer. Put the same inside the CD drive.
- Now, a window named Autoplay will pop up.
- If the window does not occur then make sure to navigate towards the CD drive tab.
- Consequently, choose the CD icon.
- Another window will pop up with the title Security Prompt.
- Make sure to hit the Run button there.
- After that, hit the Next button when the Installer window appears.
- Go through the instructions till a new window titled Connection Method Selection appears on the screen.
- Thereafter, hit the Network Connection button.
- Also, choose the Wireless Connection option.
- You will get a suggestion to turn on the printer from another window.
- Ensure to do the same if the printer is switched off.
- You can also examine the power cable to know whether the printer is getting electricity or not.
- Make sure the power outlet is stable at the position.
- Simultaneously, just turn on the wall socket and hit the Power button.
- The power lamp will be lit thereafter.
- Moving on, hit Next and start the remaining procedure.
- Subsequently, a next window will occur guiding you about the printer setup.
- Meanwhile, you need to hit the tab named Connect the Network.
- Again, the Setup Procedure Selection window will appear.
- This window provides you two most prominent options Cableless Setup or WPS.
- Choose the first option from there.
- Once done with this entire procedure, move towards your printer and hit the Control Panel tab.
- Try to locate the WiFi button.
- Press and hold the button till you see two flashes on the Power Lamp.
- Head towards the system now.
- Now, you will get a prompt to go further if complete the last step.
- Make sure to choose Next.
- If you didn’t complete the last step then click on the Start Again button.
- The blue WiFi lamp will be flashing while the Power Lamp stays stable.
- Moreover, you need to conduct the setup process by hitting Next.
- Wait till the setup procedure is going on.
- Likewise, choose the appropriate option from the window named Select your place of Residence.
- Then, hit Next.
- Enter the name of your Country followed by hitting Next.
- Tap on the Select All option if you receive a list of available software.
- Now, you will get that the hard disk is needed to save the installed software.
- There must be some space on the hard drive to proceed with the further procedure.
- Choose the Next button.
- Read through the license agreement carefully and agree with its terms and conditions.
- Choose Next from the Firewall Settings window.
- Now, the system will search for the Canon printer to establish a connection with it.
- If the connection fails, then hit the Redetect tab.
- Try to locate the model number of the printer and the Network’s SSID (Name) after the access of the Setup Completion window.
- Go through all the details carefully and ensure that they are correct.
- Furthermore, tap on the Complete button now.
- Once done, you need to follow the on-screen prompts and end the task related to Extended Survey Program, Print Head Alignment Recommended, and User Registration.
- In the end, just hit the Exit button.
Also Read : How to Connect iPad to Canon Printer
2. WPS Push-Button Method
The WPS push button is located on the router. You can use this method as well to connect Canon printer to Wifi.
- To initiate, switch on the Canon printer and router.
- Head towards the Control Panel of the printer.
- You need to now look for the Wireless button.
- If you don’t recognize the button then make sure to hit on the wireless icon button.
- Consequently, hold the button till you see blinking in the Lamp.
- The indicator light will bring blue light.
- Go to your Router and hit the WPS button now.
- Make sure to press and hold it for around two minutes.
- The indicator light blinks constantly informing that the printer is searching for the available networks.
- Now, the power lamp and the indicator lamp will start blinking.
- These two lights indicate that the printer is trying to establish a connection with the network.
- Wait till the lamp’s light remain stable.
- Phew! The procedure of connecting the Canon printer to Wifi ends here.
If you don’t want to use these above-listed methods and search for an easier one, then, the methods below would help you.
3. Canon Printer Wireless Connection Setup
It is the easiest way to set up wifi on a Canon printer. Not only it has lesser steps but also easier to perform. This also does not require any involvement of your printer.
- To begin, move towards your printer’s display or control panel.
- Subsequently, choose the Setup button from the Home screen.
- Make sure to hit the button and move towards the Setup Menu.
- Navigate towards the Device Settings tab.
- Moreover, hit the OK button.
- Once done, select Wireless LAN as the connection mode that you are going to use.
- Again, hit OK.
- Choose the Wireless Connection Setup Method and hit OK.
- Now, you have successfully established the wireless connection setup for the Canon printer.
4. Connect Canon Printer to wifi with this Method
This is another simpler way to establish a wifi setup on the Canon printer. You are only required to press the “Wifi Direct” and “WPS” buttons from your printer and router to enjoy the dynamic outputs from your printers.
5. Manual Connection Method
The manual connection method can be conducted only to the printer which has a touchpad control panel. Just do some taps and click on the Printer’s LCD screen and you are all set to establish the connection. Make sure to provide the security password once the printer detected the available network.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How can I connect the Canon Wireless Printer to Mac?
- Switch on the Canon Printer and Mac OS.
- Use the WPS push button method to connect the Canon printer to the wireless network.
- Navigate towards the official home page of Canon “ij.start.cannon“
- Try to download the Canon drivers from the site.
- Once done, launch the downloaded file and finish the installation with guidance on the computer’s screen.
- Hit Windows + R buttons to access the Run window.
- Move towards the Apple menu.
- Choose System Preferences from the list.
- Thereafter, you need to select the Printers and Scanners button.
- Consequently, tap on the + sign button and try to add the printer.
- Then, choose your printer model when a new window pops up.
- Make sure to click on the Add button.
- Now, the printer is successfully added.
- Just go through the left panel of the screen and check out the printer’s name.
- Now, the printer gets connected to Mac.
2. How can I print with a wireless printer?
- Start the procedure by switching on the printer.
- Open any page or thing that you will use to print.
- Thereafter, choose Printer.
- Now, select the Wireless Printer.
- You can modify the settings according to your needs and requirements.
- Lastly, just choose the Print button.
3. Can I print when away from the WiFi network?
Yes, you can print when way from the wifi network. Just make sure that the email service is provided for remote printing and go through these steps.
- Try to sign up for the email service.
- Make sure that you turn on the printer.
- Establish a wifi connection to your printer.
- Then, email all the relevant documents and pages that you want to print to the manufacturer’s ID.
- Now, you need to attach the document.
- Hit the button named Send.
- Finally, the printer will print the file.
4. How can I install and update drivers?
- You need to first examine the updates for drivers.
- Once getting the updates, access the Control panel.
- Now, navigate towards the Device manager.
- Select Printers.
- Then, choose the Update driver button.
- The searches will begin and install the update on their own.