The Canon TS9120 is a six-ink designed printer generally used to print photographs however it prints and make copies of documents too. Its stylish and compact design allows it to perfectly fit anywhere. It has a built-in 5 inch LCD touchscreen that works perfectly fine. Additionally, it provides wireless connectivity to all your favorite devices. In order to fully utilize its features, you need to know the complete process of Canon TS9120 Setup.
For your convenience, we have prepared a complete guide for Canon TS9120 setup whether it’s the hardware configuration or Canon TS9120 wireless setup, we have covered it all.
Canon TS9120 Setup – Hardware Configuration
The first step in the Canon Pixma TS9120 setup is its hardware configuration. There are certain points and steps that should be followed for it.
- Firstly, unbox the Canon 9120 cautiously and put it on a flat surface.
- Then, peel and remove all the tape, sticker and seal around the printer.
- Connect your Canon Pixma TS9120 printer to a power outlet.
- Now, turn ON your Pixma 9120 and the control panel will be active.
- You can change settings like the language, time and country/region.
- Now, you need to open your Printer’s scanning cover and let the moving carriage stop.
- Thereafter, remove the lid of the ink tank and pick the ink tanks that was included with your printer.
- Now, remove any packaging material from it.
- Ensure to remove the orange tape and protective film.
- Afterwards, place the tank in the appropriate slot by matching the color of the ink tank and its slot.
- Next, close the scanning cover and insert some papers into the tray of your Canon – Pixma ts9120 to set the print head.
Canon TS9120 Setup – Windows
Since the configuration of your Canon – Pixma TS9120 is done let’s learn to set up your Canon TS9120 on your PC windows. You need to go through two phases for your printer setup in windows.
Phase 1 – Via Easy Wireless Connect
- Firstly, turn your Canon printer ON and make sure if the power light is visible.
- Then, on its display, Tap the Wifi icon.
- Go to LAN Settings > Wireless LAN > Wireless LAN setup and select “Easy wireless connect”.
- Select the “Easy Wireless Connect” tab and press “Yes”.
Phase 2 – Download the setup file and run it
- Firstly, visit ij.start.canon ts9120 and click on “Download”
- Then, run the downloaded file and select “startup”
- Choose your language and region, then tap “Next”.
- Read the License Agreement then select “Yes”.
- Then, tap “Yes” on the Connection Method.
- Afterwards, you will see “Select Wireless Router” on your screen.
- Now, you need to select your router and provide your network key then click “Next”.
Canon TS9120 Setup – Mac
The process of Canon Pixma ts9120 setup in windows is a little different as compared in Mac. You need to follow the instructions given below for the successful setup of your printer.
- Firstly, visit ij.start.canon ts9120 and make sure to select “macOS” on the top right side.
- Then, Tap on the “Download” icon and run it.
- You will see the startup wizard, simple click “Next”.
- Now, provide the username and passcode of your Mac then choose “Install Helper”.
- Click on “Start Setup”.
- Afterwards, select your region and tap “Next”.
- Next, review the License Agreement and select “Yes” if you agree.
- Now, the “Select Connection Method” tab will appear, you need to select the USB Connection Method and then press “Next”.
- Then, connect the TS9120 with the USB, and proceed with “Next”.
- Lastly, follow the instructions appearing on your screen and the setup will be completed.
Steps for Connecting The Canon TS9120 on Devices
Before connecting the printer to WiFi, make sure to properly set up the device then follow the steps that are mentioned below to connect TS9120 to Wifi.
- First, start your printer.
- Then, open LAN settings along with Wireless LAN then select setup and choose “Easy Wireless Connect”.
- Now you need to install the application “Canon Print” on your device.
- Afterwards, tap on “Add Printer”.
- Now, tap “Register Printer” then “Canon Printer Setup”.
- Select “Connect via Wireless”.
- Next, you will encounter some instructions on the screen that you need to follow.
- Lastly, provide the key of your wireless network for connecting the printer and select “OK”.
FAQs on Canon Pixma TS9120 Printer
Below is the list of most frequently asked questions along with their solutions regarding the Canon Pixma TS9120 Printer.
Q1. How to replace the ink cartridge of Canon Pixma TS9120?
For replacing the ink cartridge of your printer, you are required to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Firstly, Turn on your printer.
- Then, open your printer’s cover.
- Now, carefully take the ink cartridge out with both hands.
- Next, pick the new cartridge and peel off the orange tape and packaging along with its protective film.
- Lastly, Place the new ink cartridges into their respective slots by matching the color.
Q2. Why my Canon Pixma TS9120 won’t print?
First, you need to check if the printer is connected properly to your PC. Also, make sure if the device and the printer that you are using for printing are on the same wireless network or not.
Q3. How to troubleshoot the No Paper error on Canon – Pixma TS9120 Printer?
If you ever face the No paper error” on your Canon Pixma TS9120 Printer then you should try these things:
- Make sure if the limit of the maximum paper load is not exceeded.
- As you load several sheets of paper into the paper tray, make sure they are aligned correctly.
- Regardless of your printing orientation, you need to load the paper portrait-wise.
- There should be a match between your paper size setting and the loaded papers.
Q4. What if I didn’t get the software CD with my Canon Pixma TS9120?
If there is no software CD with the Canon Pixma TS9120 then you can always visit the official website of Canon and download it from there.