Enter Printer Model
Canon is a globally recognized brand for its cutting-edge and sophisticated goods. Because of its user-centric approach, its advanced Printing Machines ensure an incomparable experience. In other words, it enables maximum operational and deployment simplicity. As a result, the Canon Printer IJSetup process is really simple.
Wireless Canon Printer/IJSetup
For these advanced printing devices to work at their best, proper Canon Printer Setup is required. This entails setting up the printer’s hardware as well as configuring the printer’s Internet access. After that, check sure you have the correct Canon Printer Drivers installed. However, the actual procedure will be determined by the Model.
Printer Hardware Setup
For the setup of printer hardware, you need to follow the below steps.
- Start the Canon Printer Setup by configuring the printer’s hardware.
- To do so, select a safe & flat surface on which to place the Printer. Also, ensure that it is within your Network’s signal range.
- Now, carefully unpack your printer. Make sure you get rid of all of the packaging materials. It is critical to remove the Orange/red Tapes from all of your printer’s components.
- Moving on, connect one end of the Power Cable with the Printer and the other end with the socket. After that, turn it on.
- Further, use the Power button to turn it on. The Power Lamp will power up with a light.
- Then you must properly configure the “Paper Tray.” Now, put the A4 size sheets inside the tray.
- After that, the Alignment & Initialization procedure will begin. Wait for it.
- To complete the setup guide, go to the Control Panel of the Printer.
- Lastly, tap on End & go to the Canon Printer Setup process.
Printer Configuration: SSID LAN IJSetup
Connect canon printer to wifi by following the below steps.
- Switch on the Network Access Point.
- Next, connect your PC to this access point & complete the Canon Printer Setup process.
- Further, use the Power button to turn it on. Now, the “Power Lamp” will power up with a light.
- Moving on, go to the Control Panel of your Printer. The Display Dashboard will show its Home window.
- Navigate to the “Menu” tab by selecting “Home”. Tap on it.
- After this, go to the option “Preferences”.
- Click on the Network option.
- Type in the Login ID and PIN/Password from the Printer System Manager when prompted. After that, click on Login.
- You will get a button named Wireless LAN Settings. Click on it & move on with Canon Printer Setup.
- To enable wireless LAN, hit on Yes.
- Under the coming window, you will receive the needed Information about the Wireless LAN. Review it & hit OK.
- Next, tap on SSID Settings & choose the appropriate configuration method.
- Now, use the Select Access Point option.
- Canon Printers automatically search for the nearest accessible wireless network within their range when they are powered up.
- Canon Printer IJSetup will display the list of networks available for the setup.
- Now, select the SSID correctly. Select the option Network/ Router Name.
- Now, hit on Next.
- Once prompted, tap on OK.
- Fill in the Network Password correctly.
- Now, go for the option Apply.
- Hit on Yes.
- In this case, the connection between Printer and Network is set up. Please wait until this setup is complete.
- The message screen will display “Connected” at the end. Click “Close” to end the process.
- In the end, the IP Address is set automatically. As a result, Canon Printer Setup can be completed effectively.
Printer Driver Download
The steps for the printer driver download are here below.
- First of all, you will need a common Internet browser. You can use Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla, etc.
- Put the cursor in the Address Bar of your Browser window once you are there. Next, enter canon.com/ijsetup as the URL. After that, press “Enter”.
- The homepage will appear after this. Search for “Setup” under the “File” tab. To find this, look to the left of the screen. When the Setup window appears, click on it.
- Click on the Search Bar. Canon Printer Setup requires the model number of your printer. Please enter it accurately. This can be seen on the front of the printer. You can also check your printer’s invoice.
- You can search for the printer model using the “Go” tab.
- Moreover, you can find your Printer via the enlisted model number.
- Consequently, a secure download link for Canon Printer Setup appears in the following window. Tap on Download.
- As a result, the download will begin. This process requires a lot of time. You must therefore wait for its completion.
Printer Driver Installation
For printer driver installation, do as below.
- On your computer, locate the downloaded Printer Driver Package.
- Open the same once you’ve found it. Double-click on it to get started.
- You will see a Security Prompt in the following window. Click on “Run” to begin.
- Choose “Yes” when prompted by the “User Account Control” window.
- The Welcome window of Canon Wizard will then appear. In this section, you should choose “Language”. Then, choose your preferred language.
- Click on “Next”.
- “Select Your Place of Residence” will appear when you click the following window. Therefore, pick one from the list that is appropriate for you. Click “Next”.
- This will bring up the License Agreement window. After reading the agreement, tap on Yes.
- Once the Firewall Settings window has appeared, click OK. Select the Deactivate the Block option. Click Next.
- Following that, you will get to choose from the “Wireless” or “Wired” options in the Connection Method window. Thus, you should choose in accordance with the printer’s configuration. If, for example, you are setting up your printer by using the Wireless method. Choose Wireless. For Ethernet-connected printers, select Wired instead. Click on Next.
- Continue with Network Setup. Make sure you carefully follow the on-screen instructions for this.
- Installable software is listed in the following window. Choose accordingly. Then click on “Next”.
- Therefore, the printer installation will begin.
- At the end of the process, click “Exit”.
This is all we have for Canon Printer IJSetup starting from scratch to its efficient installation. Our easy to go content will definitely make your life easier with easy printer setup anytime.