While Canon printers are known for their cutting-edge technology, it’s inconvenient when an error message appears while you’re printing. The Canon MX892 B200 error is an example of a fatal mistake with the device. You may be tempted to buy a new printer. But before doing so, you must first determine the cause of the error and attempt to resolve the problem. You will save a lot of money and time by doing so.
This blog post will provide you with in-depth information on the B200 Canon issue as well as some simple troubleshooting strategies for Canon MX870 B200 error, Canon MX922 error B200, Canon MG5420 B200 error & others.
Canon B200 Error: Introduction
You must first understand the fault before we can begin troubleshooting the Canon B200 error code. The print head on your Canon printer has met an issue, as indicated by the printer error B200. The print head’s job is to evenly distribute ink from the ink cartridges onto the paper. It is one of the most important features of a printer.
Canon Printer B200 Error: Symptoms
To troubleshoot the B200 error Canon, first identify what the symptoms are. This includes:
- A document cannot be printed.
- An orange alarm lamp that flashes constantly.
- Printed heads are dirty.
Canon Printer Error Code B200: Causes
The following is a list of reasons why Canon Printer error B200 appears on your computer screen:
- Canon printer error code b200 is sometimes caused by purchasing a less expensive printer.
- Broken driver for the printer.
- Using non-Canon cartridges in Canon printers causes issues. Because the printer can’t handle cartridges that aren’t its own.
- Contact pads on printers that are dirty.
- Canon printer error b200 can be caused by refilling the cartridge with an unidentified product.
- A faulty print head.
- Foreign objects became stuck within the printer.
- Use of old ink cartridges for an extended period of time.
- Misalignment of the auto head.
Canon Printer Code B200 Across Different Models
Below are the Canon Printer Code B200 errors across different models namely:
- Canon MG5420 B200 error
- MX922 Canon error B200
- Canon MG3620 Wireless Setup Error B200
- Canon MX892 B200 error
- MP640 Canon Error B200
- Canon MX870 B200 error
- MX870 Canon B200 Error
- IP100 Canon Code B200
- Canon MG5300 B200 Error
- B200 Canon MX495
- Error B200 Canon MX492 Printer Setup
- Canon MX490 Printer Setup Error B200
- TS3122 Canon Error B200
- Canon MG3020 Error B200
- Canon MG3022 Error B200
- Error B200 Canon MG2922
Troubleshoot Canon Printer Error B200 Series: 5 Simple Solutions
The techniques to solve canon printer error B200 are listed below. To fix your Canon printer setup, try one or more of the following solutions one at a time.
Solution 1: Removing & Cleaning the Print Head
- Firstly, turn your Canon printer off by pressing the ‘Off’ button.
- Next, remove the plug from the power supply.
- Remove the printer’s ink cartridges.
- Remove Printhead.
- Clean the print head and the cartridges.
- Clean the inside of the printer’s contact pads with the eraser.
- Remove the print head, cartridges, and printer and reinstall them.
- To test, connect the printer to the computer and execute ‘Auto Head Alignment.’
- Lastly, execute the print command. The canon MX870 B200 error will be resolved, and the printer will resume normal operation.
Solution 2: Resetting the Print Head
With resetting the print head, you can easily fix Canon MX870 B200 error, Canon MX922 Error B200 & Canon MG5420 B200 error. Follow the steps below.
- Close the printer and then turn it back on.
- Turn the ‘print head’ to the side of the larboard.
- Press the power button five times or more.
- Start the printer again.
- Use the print command.
Solution 3: Restarting the System & Canon Printer
After a successful system and Canon printer restart, you can easily fix Canon MX892 B200 error. Read below for more.
- Firstly, switch off the printer & the system.
- Next, turn on both of them.
- Lastly, execute a print command
Note: If the printer still comes with Canon MX892 B200 error then, repeat the solution again.
Solution 4: Replace the Tank
The tank holder can be easily replaced to resolve the Canon printer error B200. Read below for more:
- If the ink is out, check with the tank.
- If this is the case, you need to purchase a replacement tank holder.
- Remove the existing tank.
- It should be replaced with the new tank holder.
Solution 5: Check your Printer for Obstructions
Canon printer error code b200 is usually caused by an interference with your printer. Follow the instructions below to resolve this issue:
- Turn the printer off.
- Remove the trapped paper by removing it or removing it.
- Turn on the printer.
- Look for any potential stumbling blocks.
- Reset the printer to its default settings.
- Place the paper in the slot.
- Switch on the printer.
- Lastly, execute a print command.
Must Read: Canon Printer Setup Guide
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1.What does the Canon printer trouble code B200 mean?
When your Canon printer displays the dreaded B200 Error, it usually means that the print head has perished! Before you throw out your printer & get a new one, consider the following tips.
- Remove all of the ink cartridges and replace them with new ones.
- Remove the Printhead and clean all of the print head’s gold contacts completely.
- Purchase and install a new printhead from Canon.
Q2. How do I get my printer to stop giving errors?
- Make modifications to the port settings.
- Now, open the Run Window with Windows + R key.
- Type up devmgmt.msc & tap Enter to access the Device Manager.
- Check to see if your printer is connected to the Internet.
- Reinstall the driver of your printer.
- Set the Print Spooler service to run in the background.
- Lastly, update Windows.