Enter Printer Model
Printer drivers can help you to fix the communication gap between your system and the printer. It will convert the instructions sent to your printer to a language easily understood by the system. Also, it will enable your printer to perform according to the command that you need. In simple words, the principal operation of the driver printer is to convert the controls for the printer. There are other different tasks that a Canon printer driver performs, which makes it essential for you to download and install the driver on the system. Read this article to know how to perform Canon printer driver download. Below we have mentioned a list of all the tasks that your printer drivers perform.
- Cleaning the print heads
- Cleaning the Ink groups
- Restarting your printer
- Modifying the settings according to your needs
- Check the status of the printer and also check the print history
- Checking the nozzles
- Running print head alignment
Methods for Canon Printer Driver Download
There are different methods to perform canon printer driver download. One way is to download from the official website or use a CD to download. Below we have mentioned all the steps associated with each method. Make sure to follow all the steps in the same way to download drivers without any issues.
Canon Printer Driver Download Via Website
If you do not have a driver CD or it is corrupted, you can use this method to perform a Canon printer driver download. For this, you will have to visit the official Canon website and then choose the model you are using. Choose an appropriate driver that you want to download. To complete the process, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to open your default web browser. Make sure that it is updated to the latest version. On your web browser, you need to type the official Canon website address. When done, hit the enter key.
- Now, the Canon Official page will open on the screen. On the screen, look for the option to “browse by product type.” Under this, you will get a list of all the Canon devices like the Scanner, printer, projectors, and more. You will now have to choose the printer option to download the Canon printer driver.
- On the next screen, you will have to select the device that you are using. You will have to choose between Selphy, Maxify, Pixma, and others. Click on the device that you prefer.
- Now, you will have to go to the product information window and then check the printer options available.
- After this, you will see a list of all the products available according to the device you have chosen in the next window. You can then select the product information option and check out the drivers and downloads, specifications, and manual tab.
- From the menu, you will have to choose the drivers and downloads option. After this, you will have to select the operating system you are using and select the version.
- If you want to download the complete driver package, you will have to choose the select tab. Also, you will have to download MP driver or XPS drivers; you need to select the choose option available under the Optional drivers’ tab.
- After this, look for the printer driver that you wish to download. You will see the remaining time to complete the download process on the screen. Other than this, you need to ensure that your system stays connected until the process is complete. Also, make sure to have a good wifi connection.
- When the downloading process completes, you will see different options like Run, save, or save as. When you click on the Save option, your file will be stored in the default folder, and if you will click on save as it will allow you to choose the folder in which you wish to keep the file.
- If you want to carry out the installation process, you will have to run the setup file that you have downloaded. Make sure to click on all the checkboxes and then agree to the terms and conditions. Follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process. On completion, terminate the window and then use the printer.
Canon Printer Driver Download Using CD
The following method that you can use to download the Canon printer driver on the system is to use a CD. For this method, you will not have to use the Canon website, and you can even perform it offline. Below we have mentioned all the steps you need to follow to complete Canon printer driver download Via CD.
- The first thing you have to do is unpack the CD that you will receive with your printer. You will then have to insert it into the system. Always make sure that you have placed the CD correctly so that the system can properly recognize it.
- Next, after inserting the CD, the dialogue box will appear on the screen. If it does not appear, you will have to go to the “My Computer” icon and then choose the CD-ROM icon. You will have to click on the icon.
- When done, a new pop-up box will appear on the screen, and then you will have to go to the setup option. After clicking on it, the software window will open on the screen. Now, there will be two options present on the screen. One is custom install, and the other is an easy install.
- From the options, you are recommended to choose Easy install if you wish to download and install all the software. You can also select the custom option if you want to download some specific drivers.
- Now, a screen displaying all the details of the installation will appear on the screen. You will have to check the information and then choose the install option.
- When done, the printer connection will then appear on the screen. If you have connected the printer with the system using the same SSID, it will detect your system on its own. If not, you will have to connect the printer and the system using a USB cable.
- After this, when the user registration window opens on the screen, you will have to choose the printer. If you wish to register your printer, you will have to enter the serial number of your printer.
- Now, the process of printer driver installation will appear on the screen. When the process completes, you will have to exit from the window and also take the CD out.
Read Also: Canon Printer Download
Steps to Scan Documents Via Canon Printer
Now that you have downloaded all the Canon Printer drivers on the system, the IJ scan utility will also download on the system. With this utility, you will be able to scan all the documents quickly. Below, we have mentioned all the steps to use the IJ scan utility.
- First, you need to place your document correctly on the Scanner.
- You will then have to connect the printer and system appropriately. Next, you will have to launch the IJ scan utility on the system.
- After this, you need to check the settings and then choose the scan option.
- Now, in the next window, you will be asked to provide the resolution. When you set it according to your need, you need to choose the OK button.
- When the process of scanning will complete, simply save the document in the folder that you want.
Essential Things to Keep In Mind for Canon Printer Driver Download
Before downloading Canon printer drivers, you need to make sure of all the things that we have mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to check the connection that you have made between your system and the printer. The connection must not be loose. If any of those connections are loose, you need to tighten them.
- Next, you will have to make sure that you have high-speed wifi present on the system. If the internet connection is not proper, you will not be able to launch the website.
- In case you fail to perform canon printer driver download despite having a good internet connection, you need to make sure that you have chosen the correct version of the operating system.
- There are chances that you will not be able to update the Canon printer driver using CD also. Different reasons can cause this issue. One of the common reasons is that the CD is corrupted.
- Other than this, if you continue to face the issue with CD or the website, you can consult the support team also. They will then replace the CD for you.
Downloading and updating printer drivers is a necessary part of taking care of your printer. If the printer drivers are not updated, the printer may not work properly on the system. With the steps mentioned above, you will be able to perform canon printer driver download properly. We hope that this article has helped you.