Canon Pixma TR8550 provides high productivity with its all-in-one wireless printing features. The printer consists of a 10.92 cm color touch-screen display panel that makes the work smooth and easy.
You will come across many more benefits once learn the procedure of setting up the printer. Here, in this guide, we have written down the same. However, if you want to first go through the review of this printer then make sure to jump directly toward the first section.
Canon Pixma TR8550 Printer Review
Canon Pixma TR8550 comes with four-in-one features that make you easily print, scan, fax, and copy the required document in no time.
It has Bluetooth and wireless connectivity that enable you to print from your office and home. Just install a compatible app on your phone and you are all set to witness the dynamic prints.
Not only the four ink cartridges but users are also provided a black pigment cartridge that takes care of smudge-free prints.
Other features like duplex printing, cloud printing, and wired printing are also contained in this specific printer. Moreover, you can add your Canon camera by inserting the SD card and printing as many pictures as possible.
Below is provided a table of its specifications and features that will help to provide you with a transparent picture of the product.
Canon Pixma TR8550 Specifications
|Color Print Speed||Standard: 250 document pages or 96* photos
Optional XL: 500 document pages or 195* photos
Optional XXL: 800 document pages or 320* photos
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A4, LTR, 20x25com, 10x15cm, 13x18cm)|
|Standard Ink Cartridge||CLI-581M (Magenta)
PGI-580PGBK (Pigment Black)
|Cartridge Yield (Plain Paper)||Cyan: 256 pages
Pigment Black XXL: 600 pages
A4 Colour Document
Cyan: 256 pages
Yello XXL:824 pages
Magenta: 237 pages
Black XL: 3120 pages
|Paper Sizes||Rear Tray: A4, LTR, 13 x 18cm, A5, 13 x 13 cm, Envelopes (DL, COM10)
Front cassette: A5, A4, B5, LTR
|Scan Speed||Approx. 15 secs|
|Multiple Copy||1 to 99 pages|
|Fax Resolution||Mono: up to 300 x 300 dpi
Colour: 200 x 200 dpi
|Group Dial||Max. 99 locations|
|Wireless LAN||Wireless Direct
Frequency: 2.4 GHz
Wi-Fi IEEE802.11 b/g/n
|Wired LAN||Ethernet 10/100 Mbps (auto switchable)
|System Requirement||Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 7 SP1
Mac: OS X 10.10.5, Mac OS 10.12
.NET Framework 4.5.2 or 4.6
Display: XGA 1024 x 768
|Dimensions||438 x 351 x 190 mm|
|Display||LCD 4.3 inch / 10.8 cm TFT color ? touch|
|Fax Memory||Upto 250 pages|
We have prepared the setup guide from unboxing itself. So, if you are totally new to this printer and don’t know where to start then make sure to follow and do as suggested below.
Also Read : Canon Pixma TR7520 Review
Canon TR8550: Unboxing, Ink Tanks Setup, and Load Paper
This section will help you through the setup of products that comes with the Canon Pixma TR8550. So, let’s get started.
Unboxing of TR8550
Unboxing of any product should be conducted safely to stop the consequences of issues.
- First of all, you need to remove the orange security tape.
- Safely lift the printer out of the box and place it near the power cable.
- Thereafter, open the scanning unit or front cover of the printer.
- Close it after discarding the tapes.
- Take the power cord and remove tapes from this too.
- Now, use the power cord to connect the printer with an electric outlet.
- Insert the power cord into the USB port of the printer.
- Don’t try to use any cable other than the power cord.
- Consequently, open the operational panel.
- Press the ON button of the printer.
- Go through the instructions prompted on the display.
- Furthermore, hit the Agree button.
- At the last, hit the OK button.
Ink Tanks Setup of Canon Pixma TR8550
After configuring the printer, let’s now move ahead and try to set up the ink tanks of the printer.
- To initiate, open the front cover of Pixma TR8550.
- Make sure to touch the print head holder.
- Take ink tanks from the box and remove sealed taps from there.
- Do not leave any tape on the Y-shaped air hole while removing.
- Now, you need to gently take out the orange cap.
- Don’t touch on the place where the orange cap is fitted.
- Thereafter, just insert the ink tank into its labeled colored space.
- Push the tank down till you hear a click sound.
- You will see the color of the installed ink tank on the screen.
- Then, conduct the same procedure for different colors of ink tanks.
- Make sure that the screen shows all these colors.
- Once done, close the scanning unit.
Load Paper in Canon Pixma TR8550
Now, the user is required to load paper into the printer. Therefore, take caution from these steps to do so.
- To start the procedure, hit OK when you receive the text.
- Now, you need to drag out the cassette.
- Slide the cassette towards you while holding the lock for A4 papers.
- You don’t require to extend the cassette while using the letter size paper.
- Slide and adjust the front paper guide LTR and A4.
- Drag the right paper guide to its edges.
- Consequently, load the paper in a way that touches the front paper guide.
- Now, you can place the cassette cover and the cassette in their original location.
- Also, drag out the paper output tray.
- Then, open the output tray extension.
- As the procedure gets completed so you can move ahead to manually set up the wireless connection.
Wireless Setup for Canon Pixma TR8550
The printer is to be set perfectly for preparing the wireless setup. Use these steps to set up the wireless connection on Canon Pixma TR8550.
- First of all, you need to switch on the wireless router.
- There should not be any fault within the router as it may stop the further procedure.
- Furthermore, hold the “wireless connect” button for around 3 to 4 seconds.
- The new screen with guidelines will appear on the display.
- Go through the steps carefully and finish the setup.
Driver Download for Canon TR8550
Once done with the hardware configuration, the user is required to download the Canon driver. So, let’s get started.
Canon Pixma TR8550: Driver Download via CD
You may find a CD inside the wrapped box. We will use that to connect the printer with your system.
- Run CD Rom to check its performance on the device.
- Navigate towards the “My Computer” button.
- Moreover, open the “CD Drive”.
- Here, you need to select the “Printer Setup”.
- Then, choose “Copy” by performing a right-click.
- Close the opened window and navigate towards the home screen of your system.
- “Paste” the file there.
- Yes, you have completed the procedure.
- Now, we will learn how to download the same driver from its official site.
Canon Pixma TR8550: Driver Download via Website
This procedure turns out to be a savior when CD gets lost and damaged. You can learn the steps to save yourself from future circumstances.
- Open the address bar and enter ij.start.cannonn.
- The home page of Canon will open now.
- Then, move towards the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Now, just try to locate the Pixma TR8550.
- If you find it, hit the same and conduct the steps as shown on the screen.
- Simultaneously, hit the drop-down menu and choose the operating system that you are using.
- Tap the download button.
The driver will get downloaded on the device. Just conduct the manual wireless setup for Pixma TR8550 and you are all set to connect the printer with Mac and Windows OS.
Wireless Canon Pixma TR8550 Setup on Windows
- Open the downloaded setup file.
- Make sure to tap on the Start Setup tab.
- Additionally, mark the option that appears while conducting the setup.
- Next, select the appropriate country and region.
- Consequently, choose the Next button.
- Go through the license agreement and hit Yes.
- Then, choose either of these two options “Agree” or “Disagree”.
- Thereafter, put a checkmark on another box “Deactivate the block”
- Tap “Next” to move further.
- Choose Yes in the “Check the Connection Method” window.
- Subsequently, tap on your router.
- Now, just provide the password you set for the router.
- Moreover, hit the Next button.
- Wait while the procedure is running.
- Later, choose “Next” from the Network connection completed.
- Head towards the Setup complete window and hit Next.
- You can now add your printer by clicking on the “Set as the default printer”
- if you want to install another application then choose it from the list.
- Subsequently, click on Next.
- Again, hit Next from the new window.
- Finally, just hit Skip and Exit to end the procedure.
- You must need to conduct the printing to check the status of your printer.
Wireless Pixma TR8550 Setup on Mac
- Access the setup file that you downloaded on the device.
- Tap the Start Setup tab.
- Consequently, select region and hit Next.
- Hit Next when you read the license agreement.
- Hit the Do not agree or agree on the button.
- Wait for some time and choose “Yes” from the next screen.
- Meanwhile, the model number of the printer will reflect on the screen.
- From different other options, choose your wireless router.
- Don’t forget to include the password for the same.
- Thereafter, hit Next.
- Choose “Add Printer”
- Hit on the TR series with Bonjour Malfunction.
- Find out the 8550 and after that hit Next.
- Also, choose Execute and Next option.
- When the “Setup Complete” window appears, hit on the Next button.
- Now, just choose the software that you want to use.
- Hit Next.
- Now, hit Skip or Next.
- Finally, put an end to the entire process.
Check Out : Canon Pixma TR4522 Driver Download
Connect Canon Pixma TR8550 to Computer, Smartphone, or Tablet
- Make sure that you switch on the printer to accomplish this task.
- Hit the “Download” tab to proceed with the setting up procedure.
- The file titled “.exe” will be downloaded.
- You need to open this specific file when the downloading procedure gets over.
- Go to the “Language” section and choose the preferred language.
- Hit Next now.
- Consequently, you will be redirected to choose the connection method.
- So, choose any of the options “Wireless LAN connection & USB Connection”.
- Once done, go through the guidelines carefully and end the task.
Wired Connection Setup for Canon Pixma TR8550
- Turn on the printer.
- Make sure that “Lamp A” is lit properly.
- If the printer is conducting any of these tasks like print head alignment and cleaning then make sure to end the process here.
- Meanwhile, the process is required an ethernet cable.
- You can buy it separately.
- Thereafter, try to locate an Ethernet port on the rear.
- Although the port is found on the backside, it can be varied according to different models.
- Now, just take the one end of the ethernet cable and insert its end to the recommended port.
- Insert another end to the router’s ethernet port.
- Meanwhile, the printer will be physically connected to the network.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to resolve Scanner does not work on Mac?
- First of all, turn on your printer.
- Consequently, verify the connection status.
- Also, try to reconnect if required.
- If using USB then try to use another USB port of the computer.
- At the last, just restart your system.
2. How Can I fix Cannot Communicate with Printer via Wireless LAN?
- Switch on the Printer again while checking its wire.
- Press the WPS push button of your router.
- Check the performance of hardware components of your printer
- Also, place the printer near the router.
3. What are the features of Canon Pixma TR8550?
- Print, scan, copy, and fax.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 4.3 inches of display
- Wireless connectivity
- SD cards
- Four ink cartridges