Are you looking for a printer with all of the ideal features but are unable to make a better decision? Then Canon MG3022 should be your first choice. This all-in-one Canon PIXMA MG3022 is a compact printer, packed with all the features including Automatic Power On, built-in Wi-Fi, and Pixma Cloud Link. Regardless of whether you are using a Mac or a Windows operating system, the canon mg3022 wifi setup requires you to have a reliable internet connection to access Wi-Fi with security protocol and print wirelessly.
Ascertain that the printer has a physical WPS button and that the access point or router has a Wi-Fi-protected setup.
In this article, we will go over how to connect canon mg3022 printer to wi-fi network step by step.
Before that, let us first understand the features that the Canon MG3022 printer had to offer.
Features of Canon MG3022 printer
Canon’s PIXMA series offers a wireless inkjet all-in-one printer for all of your home printing, scanning, and copying requirements. You can also print great-looking photographs and documents from your smartphone or tablet using the Canon PRINT app.
Moreover, the printer is equipped with numerous features such as:
With Canon printers, the users may enjoy the simplicity of connecting their smartphone or tablet and all their favorite devices with ease. Not just that, printing and scanning have become hassle-free with Canon MG3022.
This all-in-one inkjet printer is right in size and is equipped with all the right features.
With endless benefits and features like Auto Power On, built-in Wi-Fi, and PIXMA Cloud Link, it’s easy to see why PIXMA printers are simple to use.
Hybrid Ink System:
The hybrid ink system of Canon MG3022 combines dye ink for vibrant colors and black pigment ink for crisp and clear text.
After learning about the printer and its best features, let us now try to answer the question that Canon users frequently ask i.e. “how to connect mg3022 to wifi”
Before connecting the printer to Wi-Fi, it is necessary to go through some basic canon printer setup mg3022 instructions.
Basic Instructions while Setting up Canon PIXMA MG3022
The canon pixma mg3022 setup is quite simple and can be completed without any technical difficulties. List down below are the basic instructions for the canon mg3022 setup.
- Remove the Canon MG3022 printers from its packaging unit.
- Now, check to see if all of the peripheral devices are accessible.
- Also, ascertain that the printer is on a stable surface.
- Connect the cables to the power outlet.
- To finish the canon pixma mg3022 setup, press the power button.
- Next, place the paper in the paper tray.
- Set up the cartridges
- Finally, Install the Canon Pixma MG3022 driver and software.
The above steps are the basic instructions, every Canon MG3022 user has to follow. Now that, we have completed the fundamental canon pixma mg3022 setup procedure, let us now set up the wireless connection for printing from Canon MG3022
Canon PIXMA MG3022 Wireless Setup
The Canon Pixma MG3022 is a wireless printer that can be set up wirelessly to begin printing. The following are the steps involved in Canon Pixma Wireless Setup:
- To begin the Canon Pixma MG3022 Wireless Setup process, press and hold the wireless button until the light begins to flicker.
- Long press the wireless button after pressing the color button. You will notice that the network light has been activated.
- The wireless LAN mode will also be enabled, and you can proceed with the Canon Pixma MG3022 wireless setup.
- Download the Canon Pixma MG3022 Printer Driver from the manufacturer’s website and begin the installation process.
- Examine the license agreement and decide on a residence.
- Then, from the Advance Survey Program screen, select ‘Agree.’
- Click the ‘Next button.’
- To view the wireless access point’s details, check the Connection Method Dialogue Box.
- Select a Network Name.
- On the popup box, click ‘Next.’
- Setup Canon Pixma MG3022 as the default printer.
After the wireless setup of Canon MG3022, you can now easily follow the process of canon mg3022 wifi setup without much hassle.
Basic Steps for Canon MG3022 wifi setup
The canon mg3022 connect to wifi process is simple and hassle-free. You simply need to follow some steps. However, before we get into canon mg3022 wifi setup, keep in mind that the steps for connecting your printer to Windows and Mac may differ.
Connecting Canon MG3022 printer to WiFi
It is crucial to connect your printer and computer to the same WiFi network while configuring the Canon MG3022 Wireless Printer. The following steps are required for the canon mg3022 wifi setup:
- At first, turn on your printer.
- Press and hold your printer’s WiFi button until the blue indicator light blinks.
- Wait 2 minutes after pressing the WPS button on the router.
- When the connection is successfully established, the printer’s power light and the blue WiFi light will begin to blink.
- When the setup is complete, both lights will stop blinking.
- Congratulations! You have now completed the Canon MG3022 Wireless setup.
- Now, you can run a print test.
Learn about Canon MG3022 setup for Windows:
By following the steps outlined below, the process of canon mg3022 wifi setup will be simple and hassle-free:
- At first, turn on your Canon printer, PC, and WiFi router.
- Now, connect your Canon Pixma to a WiFi router
- Check that your Canon printer and computer are both connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, go to “canon.com/ijsetup” to download the printer driver for your Windows computer.
- Choose your printer model from the drop-down menu and click the “Download” button.
- Once the download is complete, select the driver package option to begin the installation. Following that, complete the installation by carefully following the onscreen instructions.
- To open the Control Panel, press the “Start” button on Windows.
- From the next window, click “Devices and Printers.”
- Select the “Add printer” option.
- You will now see a list of the printers that have been installed. After selecting your printer, wait a few seconds.
- Your printer’s name will appear in the “Devices and Printers” section and it will be ready to use.
- As a result, the process of configuring the Canon Pixma MG3022 wireless printer on Windows is now complete.
Canon Printer MG3022 Printer Setup for Windows using USB Cable
Users can set up Canon Printer MG3022 for windows using a USB cable. Following are the steps which can aid you with the canon mg3022 wifi setup for windows using a USB cable:
- Take the USB cable that came with the printer.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the Canon MG3022 Printer’s USB port and the other to your PC.
- Then, turn on the printer.
- Navigate to your computer’s Control Panel and select “devices and printers.”
- Select “local printer” from the “Add a printer” menu.
- On your screen, select the Canon option, and then select your printer type.
- Press on the Next button.
- Name the printer and press the “Next” button once more.
- Maintain your printer as the default printer and click “Finish.”
- You have now successfully configured the Canon MG3022 for use with the Windows operating system via USB.
Learn about Canon MG3022 setup on Windows for Mac
Follow these simple steps to easily install the Canon Pixma MG3022 wireless printer on your Mac.
- First and foremost, after turning on the printer and the WiFi router, ensure that both the printer and the Mac system are connected to the same network connection.
- Connect your printer to the WiFi network
- Now, go to “www.canon.com/ijsetup” to download and install the most recent version of the printer driver.
- To finish the driver download process, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select ‘System Preferences’ from the ‘Apple’ menu.
- After that, in the new window, select “Printers and Scanners.”
- Add your Canon Pixma mg3022 printer by clicking the “+” sign in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Choose your printer from the drop-down menu.
- Congratulations! your Canon Pixma mg3022 printer is now linked to the Mac operating system.
Thus, we have provided a detailed step-by-step guide for connecting your wireless Canon printer MG3022 from the two most popular operating systems; Windows and Mac, using wired and wireless methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Canon Pixma MG3022 wireless?
The Canon PIXMA MG3022 is a Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Printer with a slew of features for your home printing, scanning, and copying requirements. Furthermore, you can print good photos and documents from your smartphone or tablet using the Canon PRINT app.
How to connect Canon MG3022 to the phone?
- Download the ‘Selphy’ app from the Play store.
- Turn on the printer, select the LAN option, and then connect your phone to your device.
- Now, on the phone, look for the printer option and pair it with the printer.
- Finally, you’re ready to print from your phone.
What is the password for Canon MG3022?
The Canon MG3022 password is set at the time of purchase. As a result, the printer serial number serves as the printer’s password. It consists of nine alphanumeric characters.
How do I scan with Canon MG3022?
- Position the item on the platen.
- Start the IJ Scan Utility
- Click Settings, then in the Settings (Document Scan) dialogue box, adjust the paper size, resolution, and other options as needed.
- When you’ve finished configuring, click OK.
- Select Document and thus the Scanning begins.