The Canon MG3020 comes with multiple convenient features such as wireless printing, mobile printing, scanning documents and photos with the topmost quality. However, to access all these features of the MG3020 printer, users must perform their Canon MG3020 setup appropriately.
The Canon MG 3020 setup requires performing multiple steps such as hardware configuration, driver download, enabling the “Easy Wireless Connect” and much more.
Furthermore, if you’re getting the Canon MG3020 printer or already have it then this complete guide on Canon MG3020 setup will assist you in setting up your printer via USB and wirelessly.
Hardware Configuration For Canon MG3020 Setup
Most of the users completely avoid the proper hardware configuration of their printer. However, the hardware configuration of the Canon MG3020 includes wire connectivity, cartridges setup, instalment of paper tray etc.
Therefore, the below stated configuration steps will help users get their Canon MG3020 hardware setup for a complete uninterrupted Canon MG3020 setup.
1: Unboxing – The Canon MG3020 box contains fragile accessories that must be unboxed safely. Therefore, unbox the printer and place it on a flat surface near a power outlet.
Ensure if there are no missing accessories from the printer’s box such as a power cord or ink cartridges etc. Additionally, remove all the taping from the Printer and its included items.
2: Switching the Printer “On” – Take out the Canon’s power cord from the box and appropriately connect it with the printer and the power outlet.
Now, switch “On’ the power button of the power outlet and thereafter, press the power button of your Canon Pixma MG3020 till you notice a blinking LED.
3: Installing The Ink Cartridge – Now, that the printer is active, gently open the printer’s lid till you see the ink cartridges slots moving from their place.
Now, take out the fresh ink cartridges and remove their protective firm. Thereafter, match the ink cartridges with the cartridges slots and install them gently.
4: Fitting your Printer’s Paper Tray – After performing the above-stated steps, now fit the printer’s paper tray while putting some compatible papers for later printing a test page.
Finally, the hardware configuration of the Canon MG3020 is complete, now let’s move to its driver downloading steps. Furthermore, prior to that, match your system OS from the below table.
System Compatibility For Canon MG3020 Driver Download
Having any of the OS from the below table makes users eligible to download the Canon MG3020 Driver for their printer setup.
|Windows 10 (32bit / 64bit)||MacOS High Sierra v10.13|
|Linux – (32bit and 64bit)||
Driver Download For Canon MG3020 Setup
After configuring the MG3020 hardware and ensuring the system requirements, the next step in Canon MG3020 setup is to download the Canon MG3020 Driver.
The Canon MG3020 Driver is generally downloaded either through the website or via a setup CD. Both of these methods are explained below along with their steps.
Method 1: Downloading Canon MG3020 Driver Via Website
For downloading the Canon MG3020 driver via the official website of Canon, users are required to ensure stable and working internet connectivity on their system and then follow:
- Firstly, launch your Web browser, Chrome or Safari accordingly.
- Thereafter, visit Ij.start.cannon or Canon USA website.
- Now, look for the “Driver & Download” page.
- Afterwards, type “MG3020” as your printer’s name.
- Next, press “Enter” and you’ll be navigated to the driver download site.
- Now, tap “Drivers & Downloads”
- Thereafter, select “Windows”, “Mac” or “Linux” from the OS.
- Finally, proceed with downloading the Canon MG3020 driver.
Method 2: Through Canon Setup CD
In case the user faces any trouble with internet connectivity, the method of downloading the Canon MG3020 printer driver via CD is very beneficial.
However, users must ensure if their CD ROM is functioning properly and thereafter perform the following steps:
- Firstly, take out the MG3020 setup CD from the printer’s box.
- Thereafter, open the CD ROM and insert the MG3020 setup CD there.
- Afterwards, visit “My Computer”.
- Next, right-tap on “CD: Drive” and hit “Open”.
- Thereafter select the setup file and tap right on it.
- Now, select “Copy” and exit the “CD: Drive”.
- Finally, right-tap anywhere on the desktop and hit “Paste”.
By performing these, the Canon MG3020 driver will be successfully downloaded. Now, its installation comes under the Canon MG3020 printer Setup.
Canon MG3020 Printer Setup Via USB
In order to connect the Canon MG3020 printer via USB on your system, follow:
- Firstly, appropriately connect the Printer’s USB to your system.
- Thereafter, launch the downloaded Canon MG3020 driver setup.
- Next, follow instructions and on the connectivity method, opt for “USB”.
- Afterwards, hit “Finish”.
- Furthermore, click “Start”.
- Then, locate/open “Control Panel”.
- Tap “Devices and Printers”.
- Now, hit “Add Printer” and select MG3020 from the list.
- Finally, tap right on the “MG3020” icon and choose “Set default printer”.
Note: To set up the Canon MG3020 on Mac via USB, visit “Menu” followed by tapping on “System-Preferences” and selecting “Printers and Scanners” and finally, hit the icon “+” and add MG3020 on your Mac.
Now, the Canon MG3020 will be connected to your system via USB. Moreover, you are required to perform a test print to ensure the proper functioning of your printer.
Wireless Canon MG3020 Setup On Windows
As the wireless connectivity of Canon MG3020 prevents the trouble of tangled cables and enables users to print the documents, images via Android and IOS devices, it can be set up for windows via these steps:
- Firstly, ensure if the wireless router is turned on and working properly.
- Thereafter, launch your Canon MG3020 Windows driver setup.
- Afterwards, the installation screen of the MG3020 setup will appear.
- Now, perform the given directions till the “Select Connectivity Method” appears.
- Then, select “Wireless Connectivity”.
- Next, locate/select your network name.
- Thereafter, input SSID and password followed by a tap on “Next”.
- Finally, wait for the installation and tap “Exit” at last.
Now, in case if users wish to connect the Canon MG3020, on their Mac, the process differs a little. Let’s move to how to setup canon pixma wirelessly on Mac?
Canon MG3020 Wireless Setup On Mac
Below are the appropriate steps for setting up the Canon MG3020 printer on Mac wirelessly.
- Firstly, launch the Canon MG3020 Mac driver setup.
- Agree on the prompted permissions and hit “Start Setup”.
- Thereafter, read through the licenses and agreements and tap “Yes”.
- Now, follow the tutorial appearing on your Mac until you face the “ Connectivity Method”.
- Then, select the network and input its credentials followed by “Next”.
- Finally, perform the remaining steps as per the installation wizard’s instructions.
Note: In case any trouble arises while performing these steps, ensure if the wireless router is switched on and connected with your Mac.
Canon MG3020 IJ Scan Utility Setup
The Scanning feature of the Canon MG3020 enables users to configure the scanning properties as per their needs.
However, to achieve this beneficial feature, users must perform their Canon MG3020 IJ Scan Utility setup. Here’s how:
- Firstly, download and launch the “Canon IJ Scan Utility”.
- Thereafter, from the dashboard, tap “ScanGear”.
- Now, select your document source accordingly.
- Afterwards, click on the “Preview” option to see the exact layout of your document.
- Finally, you can “Crop” the image accordingly and make various changes accordingly.
Now, by performing all the mentioned steps in this guide, the task of having a full Canon MG3020 setup will be accomplished for Windows and Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why my Canon MG3020 won’t connect to WiFi?
There might be various factors that cause the MG3020 printer and some of them are:
- Your wireless router is experiencing some issues.
- In case the printer is not switched on appropriately.
- In case the printer and the device or system are not connected to the same network.
Q2. How do I change the ink cartridges of Canon MG3020?
The ink cartridges of Canon MG3020 can be changed by simply going through these steps:
- Firstly, turn “On” your MG3020 Printer.
- Then, gently pull the Printer’s lid.
- Now, wait let the cartridges align automatically.
- Thereafter, take out the dried cartridges from the printer.
- Next, remove the orange protective tape from the new cartridges.
- Finally, place the ink cartridges in the respective slot.
Q3. Why is my Canon MG3020 Printer not responding?
The root cause for Canon MG3020 printer not responding issue emerges due to a communication issue between the printer and your device.
In order to fix this issue, users must perform the following troubleshooting steps:
- Firstly, restart the printer and ensure if the wireless setup of your MG3020 is proper.
- Thereafter, try printing a test page.
- Finally, if the issue persists, reinstall the Canon MG3020 driver appropriately.
Q4. Why is my Canon MG3020 not printing?
The Canon MG3020 can’t perform printing due to the connectivity issue or any technical glitch. It can be resolved by the following fixation steps:
- Firstly, turn “Off” your MG3020 printer and ensure to remove the power plug.
- Thereafter, wait between one or two minutes and reconnect the cables appropriately.
- Afterwards, turn the MG3020 printer “On” and perform a test print.
Q5. How do I set the print quality in Canon MG3020?
The print quality can be configured in Canon MG3020 by going along with the below steps:
- Firstly, launch the file you wish to print.
- Thereafter, while “Printing” the file you’ll get “Print Dialog Box”.
- Now, locate/tap on “Presets” and hit “Quality & Media”.
- Afterwards, tap the “Radio” icon.
- Next, use the “Slide Bar” for adjusting the “Print Quality”.
- Finally, print the file and match the “Print Quality”.