The Canon Pixma MG2522 is known for its beneficial features such as scanning, wireless connectivity and unmatched print quality. However, in order to utilize the MG2522 printer, users must learn to properly conduct the Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup.
Therefore, we have prepared an ultimate guide that will lead the user in properly setting up their Canon MG2522. Whether, it is to connect the printer wirelessly, or configure the printer after its unboxing, we’ve addressed it all.
Moreover, since the Pixma MG2522 has multiple functionalities that can be troublesome for some users, let’s begin with configuring your Pixma MG2522 hardware for easing up the remaining setup procedures.
Hardware Setup Of Canon Pixma MG2522
The Canon Pixma MG2522 consists of ink cartridges, cables, a power cord and the printer itself and, setting up these is a must for the Canon MG2522 setup. Follow these:
- Firstly, ensure if the product box is sealed and carefully unbox your MG2522 printer.
- Thereafter, put it near a power outlet and on a flat surface.
- Next, ensure if all the accessories are available.
- Now, take out the power cord and connect it to your printer as well as the power outlet.
- Afterwards, turn on your printer and ensure if the led is blinking.
- Then, set the preferred country, language, etc. on the printer.
- Now, take out the ink cartridges from the box and remove the packaging/safety tape.
- Thereafter, pull the printer’s lid and the ink cartridges slot will move.
- Next, insert the ink cartridges into their corresponding slots.
- Finally, the hardware setup of your Canon Pixma MG2522 is complete.
Driver Download For Canon Pixma MG2522
Having no Canon driver download for the Pixma MG2522 printer restricts users from accessing all the features and functions of the MG2522 printer.
Since the Canon Pixma MG2522 Driver Download is crucial for utilizing the printer on PC, users must download and install it through these methods:
Method 1: Via Website
The first method to download the Canon MG2522 printer driver is via ij.start.cannon and Canon’s official website. Here’s how:
- Firstly, ensure if the internet connectivity is stable and fast.
- Next, launch any web browser and visit Canon’s official website.
- Thereafter, visit “Drivers & Downloads”.
- Now, search and select “MG2522”.
- Afterwards, below the Pixma MG2522, hit “Drivers & Downloads”.
- Then, select your OS and begin downloading the driver.
Method 2: Via Setup CD
Downloading the Canon Printer MG2522 driver via CD is simple and doesn’t require any internet connectivity. Perform the below-stated steps to do so:
- Firstly, ensure if the CD ROM of your system is functioning properly.
- Thereafter, take out the MG2522 setup CD and use the CD ROM.
- Now, visit “My Computer” and launch the CD Drive.
- Afterwards, select the printer setup and tap-right on it.
- Click “Copy” and exit from the CD drive.
- Thereafter, tap right on the home screen and choose “Paste”.
- Finally, the driver is downloaded on your system through CD.
Now, after downloading the Canon MG2522 driver through the above-mentioned methods, it’s time to start Canon MG2522 Setup using the Canon MG2522 driver.
Manual Wireless Setup of Canon Pixma MG2522 Printer
Since the Canon Pixma MG2522 Printer is wireless, it requires users to set up the wireless connectivity on it. By performing the below-provided steps, users can set up the MG2522 printer wirelessly.
- The first step is to switch the printer active and visit “ Settings” on the printer display.
- Thereafter choose “WLAN-Settings” and hit “OK”.
- Next, tap “Change Wireless/Wired”.
- Afterwards, select your WiFi connection from the available list.
- Then, input WiFi credentials and connect to it.
Finally, the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer is successfully connected with the WiFi and now can be used as a wireless printer.
Wireless Setup Of Canon Pixma MG2522 On Windows OS
Now, that the Canon Pixma is connected to WiFi and the software are downloaded, users can set up their Canon MG2522 Setup for Windows by following:
- Firstly, launch the Canon Printer MG2522 Driver download file.
- Follow instructions and begin to install it.
- On the select connection method, choose “wirelessly”.
- Now, ensure if your system is connected to the same WiFi as your printer.
- Thereafter, you’ll find your printer on the available printer’s list.
- Moreover, visit “Control Panel”.
- Then, tap “Devices and Printers”.
- Afterwards, hit “Add Printer” and select “MG2522” from there.
- Finally, the wireless setup of Canon Pixma MG2522 on windows OS is complete.
Wireless Setup Of Pixma MG2522 On Mac
The steps to perform wireless setup of Pixma MG2522 on Mac differs from the Windows. Here, to ensure a proper wireless setup of the Canon Pixma MG2522 Mac, follow these:
- Firstly, ensure if your Mac and MG2522 printer are both connected on the same network.
- Thereafter launch the printer driver downloaded file.
- Next, install the driver and provide admin credentials if prompted.
- Select “Wireless” for the connectivity option when requested.
- Thereafter, visit “Menu” and choose “System-Preferences”.
- Now, tap “Printers and Scanners”.
- Then, click “+” on your Mac.
- Finally, add the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer from the appearing list.
Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup Via USB Cable
In case, when users encounter network connectivity issues, the USB cable offers the utilization of your Pixma Printer effortlessly.
Perform the mentioned steps to connect the Canon MG 2522 to your system via USB and enjoy its features right away.
- Firstly, ensure if the Canon MG2522 drivers are installed on the system.
- Thereafter, turn on the MG2522 printer while ensuring if the LED illuminates.
- Next, hit “Start” and search “Control Panel”.
- Afterwards, tap “Devices and Printer” under the Control Panel.
- Now, make sure to appropriately connect the USB cable of your printer to your PC.
- Next, tap “Add Printer” from your screen and you’ll get the list of available printers.
- Select MG2522 from there and hit “Next”.
- Finally, right-tap on the “MG2522” printer icon and hit “Set as default printer”.
Steps To Connect The Canon MG2522 Printer On A Chromebook
Connecting the Canon MG2522 printer on a Chromebook requires the following steps:
- On your Chromebook display, tap the “Profile” icon.
- Thereafter, hit on the “Wi-Fi” logo.
- Now, ensure if the Chromebook and printer are connected on the same network.
- Afterwards, tap the “Chromebook Account” icon and hit “Settings”.
- Thereafter tap on “Advanced”.
- Now, select each, sequentially.
- – Printer.
- – Add Printer.
- – Select your printer.
- – Add.
Finally, following these steps, you can now add the printer to your Chromebook and utilize the Canon MG2522 printer to its full potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What I f I can’t install the Canon driver on my system?
In case the canon driver can’t be installed on the system, users must ensure the following:
- First, verify the system requirements of the printer.
- Thereafter, ensure if the Windows is up to date.
- Next, temporarily disable your antivirus.
- Finally, ensure if there is enough space left on the system for Canon Installation files.
Q2. How to Scan Documents on Canon Pixma MG2522?
Implementing the following steps help the user scan their documents on the Canon MG2522 printer.
- Firstly, download the MP driver and install it on your system.
- Thereafter launch it and select the “Photos/Doc” tab.
- Next, place the photo or document over the scanner glass.
- Afterwards, configure the scan settings accordingly and “Save” changes.
- Now, hit “Scan” and the printer will start scanning the document.
- Finally, you’ll get the option to save your document as pdf to a folder.
Q3. How to Change Ink Cartridges Of Canon Pixma MG2522?
In case your printer’s ink is running low, follow these steps for changing the ink cartridges of Pixma MG2522.
- Firstly, pull out the printer’s tray while the printer is running.
- Thereafter, the cartridges holder will start moving till it stops in the middle.
- Next, take out the fresh ink cartridges and peel off the orange tape.
- Afterwards, replace the dried cartridges from the holder with the new ones.
- Finally, close the printer’s lid and perform a test print.
Q4. How to connect my Canon printer to Windows 10?
To connect the Canon printer on Windows 10, start your system and follow:
- Click “Start”.
- Search “Control Panel”.
- Now, open “Devices”.
- Visit “Printer & Scanners”.
- Thereafter, choose “Add a Printer-Scanner” and select your printer.
Q5. Why is my Canon Pixma not Feeding Paper?
The Canon Pixma Not Feeding paper issue emerges due to the following factors:
- In case the papers are not loaded accurately.
- If the papers are loaded in bulk and the edges are not aligned.
- Unmatched size of paper according to the print setting.
- A wrinkled or bent paper.
- Presence of dust particles on the paper tray.