Printers are among the most effective output devices that can print papers, images, and documents. There are a variety of brands on the market, however, those that have caught all attention are the Canon Printer. With its advanced features, top-quality services, and seamless and perfect printing capabilities. Canon Printer has improved your professional and personal lives. There are many Canon Printer models; the one that is extremely well-known and praised by people around the globe is the Canon Pixma ix6820.
Before you begin, ensure that you’ve set up your printer on the same Wi-Fi connection on your desktop/laptop. It is also important to ensure whether the access point has physical WPS push controls. It is also essential that the network should be running the Wi-Fi safe access protocol or WPA2 security protocols. Canon Pixma iX6820 printer to wireless is a simple step.
Canon Pixma ix6820 Driver Download
Canon lets you simply download the driver. You need to go through the steps. If you do decide to utilize it after you download the Canon Pixma ix6820 driver, it will help you reduce the workload because InkJet provides standard printing quality. It is possible to print on super tabloid-size paper, which can be up to 13-19 inches. Follow these steps:
- The first step is to ensure that you must be connected to a reliable internet connection.
- You are now required to visit the official website.
- You must then select the one that meets your needs. Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Once you have done that, select the Download option.
- Make sure you do click on it.
Steps in WiFi Canon Pixma ix6820 Printer Setup Steps in WiFi
For the setup of a wireless printer, it is necessary that the printer be connected to an identical WiFi connection to the PC. Let’s take a look at the requirements for installing Canon Pixma iX6820 printers on WiFi.
- Make sure that your printer is on.
- Next, you need to hold the WiFi button to the front of the printer. Hold on to the button for a few seconds until the power light blinks once and then let it go.
- When the button turns blue Make it to the access point, then click the WPS icon within two minutes.
- Once the printer has established successful connections to the wireless network, your blue LED will cease to blink and stay on.
- Switch on your laptop and Canon Pixma iX6820.
- Make sure to connect your printer Wi-Fi using the above-mentioned steps if you don’t have it.
- Download compatible printer drivers from Canon’s official website. Then follow the instructions on the screen to install them.
- Once the driver has been installed, head to your control panel.
- Select ‘Device and Printers’.
- Click on ‘Add Printer’. You will see a range of options and you can choose the printer’s model that you’d like to include.
- Click’OK’ to start setting up the printer.
- Make sure you are connected to your MacBook printer, MacBook and Wi-Fi
- Connect your Printer to Wi-Fi that you’ve connected the MacBook
- Download compatible drivers on the official site of Canon
- Install the drivers. While the setup is running you can select the ‘Cableless option for setup Follow the steps shown on the screen.
- After it’s been installed successfully, open your Apple menu and choose “System and Preference’
- On the next screen, there is an option of “Printer and Scanners”. You must select it.
- To connect the printer to your account, click”plus” (+)
- You will see an array of printers. choose Canon Pixma IX6820 and then click on the Add it button.
Also Read: Canon MG2922 Wifi Setup
Configuration of Canon Pixma ix6820 with USB
If you are planning to connect your Canon Pixma ix6820 printer USB to your computer, you will require an unmarked 3 meters length USB cable. It is essential to understand that Canon does not offer cable. Once you have this cable all you have to do is adhere to a few crucial guidelines, such as:
- In the beginning, you have to run first the Canon Pixma ix6820 setup file on the site or on the CD
- You must now follow the directions and connect to the mode screen.
- Then, select the wired connection that is located under the “Network Setup Page’
- Then, you need to then connect your USB cable of the printer with your computer after the wizard screen prompts you to
- Once you have established the connection after which you have to install the required software files onto the computer using the wizard.
Setting up Canon Pixma ix6820 with Mobile Phone
- Start by pressing”Home” from your cell.
- You can now move the touchscreen either left or right and tap”LAN” to open the “LAN” settings option.
- Under the LAN Settings option select “Wireless LAN Configuration” and then click the “Wireless LAN Configuration” option. Next, click “Wireless Setup” and press “OK”.
- Then, open then the Canon Print Inkjet / Selfie application, and then click the ‘+ icon.
- In the lower right corner on the page, choose”Register Printer” at the end of your screen “Register Printer” option.
- Click on the “Printer Setup” option.
- Select”Automatic Connection” as your option “Automatic connection” and press “Yes”.
- Enter the router’s password here, and then select “OK”.
- Click “OK” on “Sent Settings Message”.
- Select the printer you have detected and type in the printer’s name. Then, click “OK”.
Check out: Canon Pixma MG3022 Wireless Setup
How to Reset Canon Pixma ix6820 Printer?
- By using the printer’s control panel this reset is done. It restores all settings of the printer to their default settings.
- To perform a hard reset, disconnect the power cord for your printer out of the power cable.
- Then, disconnect the ethernet cable of the printer (if any cable is connected)
- After that, wait for one minute more and then connect the printer cable into your power supply.
- Switch on the printer, and all the configurations will return to normal.
- If you’d like to make this happen through using the control panel click the Setup menu, then select the Device settings.
- Choose reset settings, then click OK.
How do I fix Canon Pixma ix6820 that won’t print?
- The issue could be because of the incorrect installation, empty cartridges, print settings, or an out-of-date driver.
- First, ensure that your printer is switched ON.
- Your Power Lamp should begin to flash. Be sure to wait till the lamp ceases to flash.
- If you’ve utilized a USB cable to connect to your computer, ensure that it is correctly connected to the printer and computer.
- Examine your cable for damage and replace it with the new cable if needed.
- After that, open the dialog box ‘Print’ and ensure that the printer’s address is selected.
- Go to the folder for drivers and printers on your computer. Click the icon for your printer. Then, select the Ports tab. You will then ensure that the right port is chosen.
- Take the test of printing. If you are still unable to print, then upgrade or reinstall the printer driver, and reboot your printer.