Canon printers are highly functional and produce high-quality images. They also make it easy to install and use. Despite having so many features, sometimes, however, your printer faces errors like Canon MX922 Not Responding or it just stops working smoothly.
When you printer shows printing issues, you may even be presented with the message that your Canon printer isn’t responding. Today, we’ll be talking about the Canon MX922 printer not responding issue and resolve it using effective solutions.
Canon MX922 Not Responding Issue
Your Canon mx922 printer may not respond for a variety of reasons. The most common cause of this problem is a lack of communication between your printer and your computer. The Canon printer will not print unless the problem is addressed properly. You may also be using an outdated printer driver. You can fix this by simply updating the drivers. To avoid problems like this, you should always keep your drivers and software updated. This is the Canon mx922 not responding problem you are currently facing.
Printer Not Responding Canon MX922 – Basic Solution
You need to understand why the problem occurs in order to find the best solution. This will help you find the solution to the Canon MX922 not responding problem.
This issue is usually caused by two things:
- Older Drivers
- Poor connection between printer & PC
First, make sure you check all drivers and, if possible, update them immediately. The second step is to troubleshoot Canon MX922 not connecting problems.
- Tap the setup button located on the touch panel of the canon printer.
- Navigate to the LAN setup screen. Click on OK, then “Easy Install” after you confirm your preference.
- Click on Access Point Name, enter your wi-fi password and hit OK.
- Now, load the setup disc onto your computer and go to easy installation. Next, choose your printer name.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, then print a job. Make sure to attach the USB cable properly into the Canon printer.
- The network is functioning properly, and the printer is not in sleep mode. Turn ON the printer to confirm that the Canon printer mx922 troubleshooting issue is solved.
Canon MX922 Not Responding – Go to Easy Solutions
To fix the Canon MX922 Not Responding error, you need to follow the solutions below carefully.
Solution 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter
Windows devices include an embedded troubleshooter that can repair the error “Canon MX922 not responding”.
To use the troubleshooter, follow the steps below.
- To begin, press the icon “Start” in the bottom-left corner.
- Type “Troubleshooting” into the search box.
- Select the “Troubleshooting” option from the search result.
- In the next browser, click the “Printer” button.
- This expands your options. Now click the “Run the Troubleshooter”.
- Now, the problem solver will begin to identify the problem. Wait until the troubleshooter finds the problem.
- The troubleshooter should be used to correct the error. Follow the on-screen instructions and click the “Apply this Fix” option in the dialog box.
- Restart the computer and confirm that the error was fixed.
Solution 2: Spooler for Service Reboot Printer
Canon Printer Spooler allows you to manage driver work, printers, and correspondence.
You will receive an error message if the printer spooler isn’t working. To correct the error, follow the steps below.
- Use the “Window”, and “R” keys simultaneously.
- You will see the “Run” dialog box.
- Enter “services.” Enter MSC and click “OK” in the Run box.
- Click on the Print Spooler button.
- Next, on the left-hand side, click the “Restart” button.
Tip : Always use an Ij.start.cannon website to check everything about Canon Printers.
Solution 3: Third-Party Protection Software
Canon usually displays an error message that says “Cannot respond”, so you can try to remove security software from third parties. Moreover, this error is caused by programs like McAfee & AVG along with dedicated firewalls. This prevents the program from running on your system and causes a problem. To fix the problem, you can deactivate the firewall.
Here are the steps:
- Firstly, click on Start, then click Programs.
- This will allow you to access your device’s installed applications.
- Thereafter, right-click on the program to protect third parties.
- In the end, click the “Uninstall” button to initiate the uninstallation process.
- Click the Program Finder button.
- The next pane would contain the “Applications” option located on the left-hand side.
- For a third party, search the security service framework.
- Moving on, select the program you wish to open and click the “File” button.
- To uninstall your submission, select “Move to Trash” in the options menu.
Solution 4: Factory Restore
It’s easy to factory reset your Canon device. All you have to do is keep track of the indicators already on Canon.
If your Canon printer stops printing properly, you can either factory restore it or use Canon printer troubleshooting methods.
You can factory restore any settings from the menu.
- Go to the menu once your printer is turned on.
- Click OK to proceed to Device Setting.
- Proceeding next, to restore the factory settings, click the Factory Restore button.
INK Cartridge Factory Repair
The best part is that the Canon printer will help you to insert the cartridge. It will assist in aligning the cartridges.
- Firstly, turn off the printer
- You should press the power and start buttons simultaneously, and then let go of the Stop button after some time.
- Then press start twice while holding the power button.
- On the screen of the printer, “O” will appear after 30 seconds.
- Thereafter, click four more times on Stop, then twice on Power.
- After that, you can turn off the printer by tapping the power button.
- Replace the cartridges and reset the factories for the USB and power cables.
- Reconnect the power cables and open the cartridge door after pressing the Power button.
- Lastly, press the Power button and close the cartridge door.
Why does the Canon MX922 Won’t Connect to WiFi?
Follow the steps below to fix the issue of Canon MX922 won’t connect to WiFi error.
- Next, go to the Menu of the Printer and then to the Device Settings.
- Select LAN settings, then click OK.
- Thereafter, choose the wired or wireless changes.
- Search now for WPS configuration.
- Moving on, select the push button.
- Once the access point has been completed, click OK.
All in all, our post is an effort to bring together all the details related to Canon MX922 problems. Our team has put up the above content after reviewing more than 20 sources. We believe you will follow the steps carefully. Hoping you are no longer in any kind of printer related problems. Bookmark us for any further details.