Enter Printer Model
Canon MX492 Printer is a cutting-edge, space-saving Inkjet multifunction device. This advanced printing machine is a versatile, durable, and feature-rich device that enables best-in-class printing. It is known all around the world for its high-quality output. You may take advantage of all of Canon MX492 Printer Setup’s world-class capabilities by following the straightforward, user-friendly approach. Furthermore, this printer has a wide range of connectivity options.
To put it another way, it works on desktops, laptops, Windows /Mac devices, tablets, smartphones, etc. It also provides a variety of print size possibilities. Moreover, it includes intuitive features such as an automatic document feeder, an extra-large ink cartridge capacity, quiet mode, cloud functionality scan, & auto scan advanced features.
Canon MX492 Printer Setup: Product Details
|Print Speed (up to)||4 x 6 Borderless Photo & Approximately 70 seconds|
|Print Speed (Approx)||ESAT: Approx. 8.8 ipm & Color:ESAT: Approximately 4.4 ipm|
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 960 & Pigment Black: 320 & Total: 1,280|
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 & 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Black: 600 x 600 dots per inch, Color: 4800 x 1200 dots per inch|
|Ink Compatibility||PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge, PG-245XL XL Black Ink Cartridge, CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge, CL-246XL XL Color Ink Cartridge|
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6, 8 x 10 & 5 x 7 Letter|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||100 Sheets|
|Printer Features||Borderless Printing, AirPrint, Document Printing, Special Filters, Full HD Movie Print, Google Cloud Print, Photo Printing, My Image Garden, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Wireless Printing, Quiet Mode & Copier|
|Copy Speed (up to)||ESAT: Color: 3.6 ipm4|
|Reduction / Enlargement||30% – 400%|
|Scanning Element:||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Document Size||ADF: 8.5 x 14 & Flatbed: 8×5 x 11.7|
|Modem Speed:||33.6 Kbps|
|Transmission Speed (approx.)||Black: Approximately 3 sec per page,
Color: Approximately 1 min per page
|Memory Capacity||Approximately 50 Pages|
|Group Dialing||Over 19 Locations|
|Computer Operating Systems:||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Window Vista SP1 & SP2, Windows XP & Mac OS X version 10.7.5 – version 10.1017|
|Mobile Operating Systems:||Android, iOS, Windows RT, Wireless LAN 10, Standard Interface & Hi-Speed USB|
|Dimensions||11.8” D x 17.3” W x 7.6” H|
Requirements for Canon MX492 Setup
Before you begin the connectivity process, make sure you have the following requirements:
- Desktop computer or Laptop.
- Wireless Router.
- Reliable & working internet connection.
Canon MX492 Printer Setup: How to Do?
The methods for setting up the Canon MX492 Printer are quite easy to follow, straightforward, and user-friendly. To do so, you’ll need to start by configuring your printer’s hardware. Due to the fragility and sensitivity of these printing devices. As a result, this phase must be completed with extreme caution. Otherwise, you risk harming the Printer’s components.
After you’ve completed the setup, you’ll need to configure it correctly. This entails connecting your printer to the same Internet network that your computer is connected to. Furthermore, you will require the appropriate set of Printer Driver Software in order to use the features of your award-winning printer. To put it another way, correctly download and install the software to ensure uninterrupted operation.
Read Also: Canon MG3620 Wireless Setup
Hardware Setup For Canon MX492 Printer
For the Canon MX492 Printer Hardware Setup, read below.
- Your Canon Printer needs a safe place to be installed. Machines need a flat surface to be placed on. Furthermore, a “Power Source” such as a wall outlet must be within reach. Furthermore, your Router must provide strong signals to this location if you want an uninterrupted connection.
- Now, carefully unpack your printer. Make sure you get rid of all of the packaging materials. It is critical to remove the Orange/Red Tapes from all of your printer’s components.
- Moving on, connect one end of the Power Cable with the Canon MX492 Printer and the other end with the socket. After that, turn it on.
- Further, use the Power button to turn it on. The Power Lamp will power up with light.
- Then you must properly configure the “Paper Tray.” Now, put the A4 size sheets inside the tray.
- After that, the Alignment & Initialization procedure will begin. Wait for it.
- To complete the setup guide, go to the Control Panel of the Printer.
- Lastly, tap on End & go to the Canon MX492 Printer Setup process.
Canon MX492 Printer Setup: Network Configuration
For network configuration of Canon MX492 Printer Setup, do as written below.
- Ensure that your printer is on before starting the Network Configuration process. Look at its Power Lamp. The light must be stable and green in color.
- View the “Control Panel” for the printer. Find its “Setup” button.
- Consequently, the Display Screen will open the Setup Menu.
- Here, you must search for the section called “Wireless LAN Setup” using the Navigation Keys. Toggle it on.
- Press OK.
- Pick the Other Setup option under the Wireless LAN Setup dropdown box.
- Press OK.
- Then select the Cableless Setup option. Press OK.
- Connect your printer to your home network while it establishes a connection.
- When the Canon MX492 Printer Setup has been completed successfully, you can begin the Configuration process.
Canon MX492 Printer Setup: Setup The Drivers
The final step in the Canon MX492 Printer Setup is quite important. As a result, you must execute the operation methodically and without error. The technique, on the other hand, is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is go to Canon’s official website and look for a suitable set of Driver Package for Printer Setup.
- Using Canon.com/ijsetup, you will be guided through the entire process in the simplest way possible.
- You must also consider the operating system of your computer is searching for software apart from the model number of your printer.
- In the following webpage, you can find links to download Driver Software.
- By clicking “Download,” the process will begin.
- Please wait until the downloading process has finished successfully before continuing.
- Then you must proceed carefully to install your downloaded Driver Package.
- Search your system for the downloaded Canon MX492 Printer Setup software.
- You will probably find it in the “Downloads” folder of your computer, which is the computer’s default download location.
- Double-clicking it will launch the Installation Wizard.
- At the beginning of the window, a Security Prompt is presented. Therefore, click “Run”. Once you have clicked “Yes” on the next “User Account Control” screen, it is time to confirm. After clicking on the “Language” button, select the language from the expanded list of choices.
- Click “Next”.
- Click “Exit” to leave the Installer once the Canon MX492 Printer Setup procedure is complete.
You May Also Like: Canon MG3620 Wireless Setup – Quick and Easy Setup Process
Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Printer Setup: Windows XP, 7, 8.1 & 10
- Your Windows PC or Laptop will require the printer software to connect to your WiFi router so you can use the Canon printer.
- Prior to installation, all applications should be shut down.
- Log into the administrator account.
- If your system is equipped with a CD-ROM drive, insert the CD-ROM for software installation.
- Next, tap on the file Run Msetup4.exe present on the autoplay screen.
- Lastly, tap on Yes to proceed with the User Account Control dialog box.
Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Printer Setup on Mac OS Version 10.7.5 to 10.13
- Go to https://canon.com/ijsetup/ to access the official Canon website.
- By entering “MX492” in the search bar at the top, choose your printer model by clicking the Setup Option. The product name may even appear in the description.
- Next, select a country & then tap on the option Download.
- After downloading the file, double-tap on the downloaded .dmg file.
- Once you have double-clicked the “Setup Icon”, click “Next”.
- Choose the “Install Helper” option and enter the administrator username & password.
- Click on “Next”.
- Choose the option Wireless LAN Connection option & click on Next.
- Pick the Connect via wireless router option for wireless LAN connection.
- In this section, select the option Cableless Setup & again click Next.
- Please add your printer, select Canon IJ Network XXX series, and click “Add”.
- Click “Next” after completing the setup.
- After the installation is finished, click on the Exit button.
This post is an informative manual for everyone looking for the canon MX492 Printer Setup. From Windows to Mac, you can easily set up the printer following the guidelines of our content. If you are stuck somewhere, you can get back to us for all your answers.