Enter Printer Model
Canon MX490 is one of the best products of Canon. It comes in a moderate size with dynamic printing features. Not only professionals but non-professionals also use it to meet their printing purposes. It provides its user some excellent connectivity features. With features like wireless connection, the user can print any document without including a wire. Below is a specification table that will help you to go through its dynamicity. Make sure to learn more about this printing tool and then move towards the setup process.
Specifications of Canon MX490
|Printer Speed||Up to 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 70 seconds4.5|
|Number of Nozzles||Total: 1280, Pigment Black: 320, and Color 960.|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi3
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi3
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||100 Sheets
ADF: 20 Sheets
|Printer Features||Document Printing, My Image Garden, Quiet Mode, Borderless Printing, Full HD Movie Print, PIXMA Printing Solutions11, Google Cloud Print, Air Print, Photo Printing, Wireless Printing, Special Filters|
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legat, U.S. #10 Envelope|
|Paper Compatibility||Matter: Matter Photo Paper;
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Plain: Plain Paper, High-Resolution Paper;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope;
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Luster and Semi-Gloss
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5|
|Printer Speed (Approx)||Black: ESAT: Approx. 8.8 ipm4.5
Color: ESAT: Approx. 4.4 ipm4.5
|Reduction / Enlargement||25% – 400%|
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode9, PDF Password Security, Scan to Cloud, Network Scan, Push Scan|
|Copy Speed (up to)||ESAT: Color: 3.6 ipm4|
|Color Depth||48-bit internal / 24-bit external|
|Copy Features||Auto Exposer (AE), Frame Erase Copy, Auto Document Feeder (ADF), Fit-to-Page, Zoom, Copy Borderless, Preset Copy Ratios|
|Max. Resolutions||19,200 x 19,200 dpi (interpolated)
ADF: 600 x 600 dpi (Optical)
600 x 1200 dpi (Optical)
|Max. Document Size||ADF: 8.5 x 14
Flatbed: 8×5 x 11.7
|Transmission Speed of Fax||Color: 1 min per page15 approximately
Black: 3 sec per page15 approximately
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Modern Speed of Fax||33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color FAX)14|
|Group Dialing||19 Locations|
|Fax Features||Check RX Fax, Fax Number Re-Entry, Remote Reception, Fax Reception Reject, Answering Machine Connectivity, Redial, Caller Rejection, Memory Transmission.|
|Fax Memory Capacity||50 Pages approximately|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 8, Windows Vista SP1, Android, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1, Windows XP SP3, iOS, Windows RT, Windows 10, Mac OS X v10.7.5 – v10.1017|
|General Features||Fully Integrated Auto Document Feeder (ADF), Wireless Printing, Full Dot Matrix LCD, Dual Color Gamut, Quiet Mode, Access Point Mode, Processing Technology|
|Warranty||An instant exchange program is included in a 1-year warranty.
Also, get toll-free technical phone support for 1 year.
Canon MX490 Setup and Installation
The remaining post will guide you about the installation process of Canon MX490. You need to read these steps carefully and act just like suggested. Now, let’s proceed ahead.
Canon MX490 Printer Setup- Wireless Connection
- First of all, the user needs to turn on the power of the printer.
- Lamp A power button should be lit properly.
- Move towards the setup button and press it.
- In this step, you need to hit side arrows.
- After that, choose the Wireless LAN.
- Press the OK button now.
- Now, the printer will start its work and look for other compatible wireless routers.
Also Read: Canon Driver Download
WPS Connection for Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Printer Setup
- You require to first press and hold the WPS button.
- Now, hit the OK button for around 2 minutes.
- Make sure that the Setup menu and Fax settings tab appearing on your computer’s screen.
- Again, hit the OK tab.
- You are no longer required to conduct any further steps as the procedure of setting up a wireless network gets finished.
Canon MX490 Wireless Printer Setup for Windows
You can set up the Canon MX490 wireless printer for windows from these steps given below.
- Intiate the procedure by enabling router, windows PC, and printer.
- Now, use the above steps to connect the Canon Pixma MX490 through a wireless router.
- Move towards the official site of this Canon.
- You need to download the printer driver on windows.
- A list will appear, just choose your printer model from there.
- Once done, proceed towards the Download tab.
- Wait till the downloading process is going on.
- When it is finished, tap on the driver package button.
- It will get you access to the configuration.
- Now, the screen will provide you some prompts, try to follow each guideline carefully to complete the setup.
- Navigate towards the Start tab now.
- And then jump on the Control Panel.
- Consequently, tap on the Devices and Printers from the other options.
- The user needs to now select the tab named Add printer.
- Ensure that it is located on the upper left side of your windows screen.
- You will now be provided a list of all the printers installed on your device.
- Just choose Canon MX490 from the given ones.
- To choose it, you need to put a checkmark on the box beside Canon MX490.
- You can now use this printer on your Windows.
Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
Mac users can conduct these steps to set up the wireless Canon MX490 printer.
- To begin, you need to enable the wifi router and printer
- After that, try to use the same network for connecting your computer and printer.
- Once done, move towards the first part and set up Canon Pixma MX490 through a wireless connection.
- Make sure that you have installed the newest version of this printer from the official website of Canon.
- The window will prompt you with some guidelines. You need to follow each of them carefully to finish the downloading process.
- Navigate towards the Apple menu now.
- Choose the tab named System Preferences.
- Hit on the tab named Printers and Scanners.
- You will see another window now, just press the “+” button from there.
- Move towards the drop-down list and choose your concerned printer.
- Now, you don’t require to do any further steps as the Canon Pixma 490 printer will become connected on Mac.
You May Also Like: Canon MG2520 Printer
From these steps, you will easily set up your Canon MX490 printer. Through dynamic features and characteristics, users have provided an easy-to-use printer. It offers good compatibility with almost all the preferred devices. Whether you are using a tablet, system, or smartphone, the printer can be accessed from any location around your office or home.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I Fix Canon MX490 Offline Status
- Move towards the Control Panel.
- Hit the tab named Devices and Printer.
- Look for the Printer’s icon and perform a right-click on it.
- Check out the printing stuff.
- Clear the checkmark and use your printer offline.
2. What are the Steps to Connect Canon MX490 Printer to WiFi
- Firstly, enable the printer.
- Its power button should be lit.
- You will see a button named setup, make sure to click on it.
- With the help of the arrow keys, choose the WLAN setup option.
- Hit the OK button now.
- The printer will now easily detect the wireless router.
- A field will prompt you, just provide the network key there.
- Your printer will now become connected to WiFi.
3. What is the reason behind my Canon MX490 Printer not responding
Connectivity issue between the PC and the printer is the most common reason behind your Canon MX490 printer is not responding. To fix this issue, install the right printer driver and wireless setup. You can conduct a test printing when the driver installation gets finished.
4. What are the steps to fix the MX490 paper jam issue?
- First of all, you need to enable your printer.
- Now, just withdraw the paper output tray.
- Uncover it to open.
- You need to hold the FINE cartridge gently if the papers get jammed inside it.
- Make sure to withdraw the paper gently.
- In the last, just close the cover.
5. Is Canon MX490 compatible with Windows 10?
Canon MX490 supports Windows OS such as Windows 8, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1, Windows XP SP3, Windows RT, and Windows 10.