If you are looking for an affordable and compact printer, the Canon ip100 printer should be your choice. Though it is a compact printer, it can scan all your documents and pictures without any delay. Also, there is no compromise when it comes to the print quality that it offers. But, to avail of all these great features, you will have to set up your printer properly. In this post, we have explained to you all the steps that you need to follow to set up a Canon Pixma IP100 wireless printer.
Let’s Begin with Unboxing the Printer
- To begin with, you will have to check for the manufacturer’s seal on the box.
- Now, place the box on the plain surface and remove the seal properly.
- Remove all the printer components provided in the box and take out the printer carefully and place it on a table.
- When done, remove all the packaging of the printer also.
- You will then have to look for the access cover of the printer and then open it.
- Also, make sure to remove all the printer packaging properly.
- When done, you will have to connect your printer to the power supply.
- Next, make sure to remove the upper and bottom packaging of the printer properly.
- Now, you will have to turn on your printer by forcefully pressing the power button and then again open the access door of the print head.
- After this, you will have to remove the packaging from the print head also.
- Next, you need to detach the orange-colored tape from the print head and properly attach it to the printer.
- When this is done, you will have to do the same process with the other print head of your printer.
- After this, you will have to remove the packaging from the ink cartridges also ad then insert them in the required slots.
- In the end, you will have to download all the printer drivers and update them on your system.
- So, the initial Canon printer Ip100 setup is complete. Now, proceed to download the drivers on the system.
Download Canon Ip100 Driver
So, if you have unboxed your printer properly and wish to use it, you will have to download all the relevant drivers on the system so that you do not face issues while using the printer. To download the printer drivers, you can also visit the official Canon website. There, you need to choose the printer that you are using and also, the operating system. When done, you will see the option to download the printer drivers. When they will be downloaded, you will have to install them on the system.
How to install Canon Ip100 Printer Driver?
After downloading the Canon Ip100 driver, you will have to install those drivers on your system. For that, follow the steps mentioned below.
- For this, you need to look for the files that you have downloaded.
- After this, you will have to click on the downloaded file and open the installation window.
- Now, you will have to follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Also, keep in mind that the installation process is different for different software.
- When done, you will also have to choose the connection method that you wish to establish between your system and the printer.
- Wait for the connection to be made and then proceed with the setup process.
Canon Ip100 Wireless Setup
So, now that you have installed the Canon Pixma IP100 driver on your system, you will have to perform this Canon printer wireless setup. For this, follow all the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to start your Wireless router and make sure that you have a stable connection.
- After this, you will have to make sure that you have turned on the Canon Pixma Ip100 printer.
- When done, you will have to press the wifi button on the printer and then keep holding it until the LED flashes on the printer.
- After this, you will have to write down the passkey appearing on the panel of your printer. You will need this key later.
- Next, you will have to type the key on your system when asked.
- Now, you will have to wait till the Wifi LED stops flashing. When it will stop flashing, it indicates that the connection is established.
- When done, you will have to connect the system to the router network also.
- In the end, you will have to try printing a test page on the system.
Process to Setup Bluetooth on Canon Pixma Ip100 Printer
You can also connect your Canon Pixma IP100 printer to Bluetooth and then try printing a document. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to turn off the printer if you have turned it on.
- After this, you will have to open the panel provided on the side of the AC adapter.
- Next, you will have to take the Bluetooth unit and then connect it.
- Make sure to attach the Bluetooth unit properly in the slot provided.
- When done, you will have to turn on the printer.
- Now, you will have to download all the printer drivers on the system from the official website. Also, make sure that all the printer drivers are updated.
- Following this, you will have to connect your system and the printer using a USB cable.
- When this is done, you will have to hover to the windows icon on the system.
- Now, you will have to choose All programs and then choose Canon utilities. Under this, choose the Canon setup utility 2.x and click on the Canon setup option.
- After this, the utility window will appear on the screen.
- You will then have to move to the Bluetooth option and then choose the change settings option.
- When this is done, you will have to type your passkey and choose Ok.
- Now, you will have to make sure that the model name of the printer is correct.
- When done, you will have to click on the close button.
- Next, you will have to type devices and printers in the search box.
- In the window, you will have to choose the option to add a printer.
- At this moment, you need to make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Choose the option to add a printer or a Bluetooth device.
- Connect your printer to the device by following all the steps appearing on the system’s screen.
Steps to Reset Canon Ip100 printer
If you have not configured your Ip100 printer settings properly, you can also reset it and set it to factory default. Unsure about doing it? Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to Disconnect the cable from your Canon printer and the power outlet.
- Next, you will have to look for the ink tank’s access door and then open the same.
- You will then have to wait for 5-10 minutes.
- When it will be done, you will have to connect your printer back to the power cable.
- You will then have to turn on the printer and now your printer is reset to default settings.
Print Documents on Your Canon Ip100 Printer from iPhone
If you own an iPhone and you wish to print documents directly from your phone, here are all the steps that you will have to follow.
- To start with, you will have to make sure that you have turned on your printer.
- You will then have to make sure that you have connected your system and the application device to the same network.
- Next, you will have to download the Canon printer application on your iPhone and then choose the operation icon.
- It will then open the menu for you. When done, you will have to click on the print icon.
- Now, you will have to choose the model number of the printer that you are using.
- In case you wish to print a document that has more than one page, you will have to choose the range option.
- Choose the range of pages that you wish to select or choose them separately.
- Also, choose the number of copies by pressing the plus and minus icons.
- Set up all the other settings and then click on Print.
Also Read :How to connection canon printer to ipad
Common Canon Ip100 Printer Setup Issues and their Solutions
Now, when you perform Canon Pixma Ip100 wireless setup, you may encounter some issues. Other than this, you may also face issues when you use the printer. In this section of the article, we have explained to you all the common issues that you can face while using the printer and also, explained their solutions.
- Canon printers may not be able to print any document.
- It may always show offline.
- The printhead may not be aligned properly.
- It may not print properly or there may be white spaces in the document.
- Next, you may also see that the Canon ip100 printer is not able to print in black color.
Now, if you are facing any of the above-mentioned issues, you will have to follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- To start with, you need to make sure that the system is connected to the printer properly.
- Next, you will have to make sure that you have downloaded the appropriate printer drivers on the system.
- Check the status of your printer from the control panel.
- Make sure to clear the print queue before you provide any new print command.
- Moreover, you will have to make sure that the nozzle head of the printer is clean.
- Next, you will have to ensure that you have connected your printer and the system to the same wireless network.
- Ensure that there is enough ink in the ink cartridges.
- After this, you will have to make sure to place the ink cartridges properly in the slots provided.
- Make the Canon Ip100 printer your default printer.
So, this was the complete process for the Canon Pixma Ip100 printer setup. We hope that our efforts to provide you with this setup guide have helped you. In case you face issues while setting up this ij.start.Canon printer, you will have to contact the support team.