Enter Printer Model
Canon is one of the pioneer brands available in the market. It does not only offer printers, there are different other hardware available including scanners. For scanners also, you will have to make sure to update the drivers on the system so that it can communicate with the devices. With the scanners, you will get the Canon IJ scan utility so that you can scan the documents and images without any issues.
Canon IJ Scan Utility is software that enables you to scan documents using Canon devices. It makes the process hassle-free for you. In this article, we have explained how you can download and install the IJ scan utility. Check out the complete step-by-step process to download and install it.
Canon IJ Scan Utility Features
To make the scanning and printing experience easy for the users, the Canon IJ scan utility has a lot of features to offer. With the features available, you can consider this as one of the best in performance. Below we have mentioned all the features all the IJ scan utility.
The major advantage of using it is that it is very versatile and you can customize it according to your requirements. For example, there are different modes available like document mode, auto mode, or photo mode. When you use the document mode, it emphasizes the readability of the document and sharpens the text of the scanned document. Moreover, when you use the auto mode, it will scan multiple documents with the default settings. Lastly, when you use the photo mode, it emphasizes more on the quality of the scanned document.
Save Images Scanned Automatically
Now, that you have scanned all the documents, you need to save them for future use. Saving all the documents separately can be frustrating for a lot of people and you mist not need to do it. Therefore, with the Canon IJ Scan utility, all the documents that you will scan are saved automatically on the system. It will save all the documents in the default folder but, if you wish, you can make the changes when required. It makes it easier for you to access the scanned files and documents.
Integration With Other Applications
Another thing that we like about it is that you can easily integrate it with different applications. It is usually available for most applications. For example, you can integrate with different applications for graphics, powerpoints, Emails, and more. So, this makes the application versatile to use with different other third-party applications.
Process to Download IJ Scan Utility
To download the Canon IJ scan utility, you need to follow the steps mentioned below. Make sure to follow the steps, in the same way, to carry out the process without any errors.
- To start with, you will have to visit the official Canon drivers website or visit the Canon USA support page.
- Now, you need to choose the scanner model number in the text box. You will have to choose the model number from the drop-down list and then hit the enter key.
- Next, when you will find the model, you need to click on it. You will now be redirected to the scanner support page.
- You will have to look for the drivers and download option and then choose the operating system that you are using.
- Next, under the driver’s tab, choose the option for MP drivers and then click on the select button.
- Note that you will have to download the MP drivers package to use the IJ Scan utility.
- Finally, click on the Download option to begin the downloading process. Save the file in an accessible location.
Process to Install IJ Scan Utility
After downloading the utility on the system, you will have to install it on your system. To install the Canon scan utility, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to find the downloaded file on the system. Now that you have saved it on the desktop, you can easily access it on the system.
- After this, you need to double-click on it to open the installation window.
- To start the installation process, you will have to open the .pkg file.
- When done, a prompt will appear on the screen asking to confirm your actions and then choose to Run it.
- Now, you will have to choose the Yes option to allow the installation of the Canon IJ scan utility.
- After this, you will have to go to the language tab and then choose the default language according to your need.
- Click on the Next option to proceed with the process.
- Next, you will have to choose the window displaying an option for select your place of residence and then choose the Next option.
- You will now have to read the license agreement properly and then choose the Yes option.
- In the next window, the firewall settings will appear on the screen. Also, the deactivate block option will appear on the screen to allow installing the software. You need to mark the checkbox for the same.
- Now, you need to choose the Next option.
- In the next window, the connection method will appear on the screen. you will have to choose the type of connection that you wish. After this, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection process.
- When done, you will have to click on the Next option and start the installation of the IJ scan utility.
- Now, wait till the installation process completes.
- When it is complete, click on the Exit button and then start the system again.
You May Also Like: Canon IJ Printer Utility
Steps to Launch Canon IJ Scan Utility
To run the IJ scan utility on the system, you will have to choose the utility from the appropriate location. Check out how to find the location.
Windows 7/Windows XP/Windows Vista:
- First, click on the start option and then select the All programs option.
- You will then have to choose the Canon utility option and then click on the IJ scan utility.
- Finally, click on it to start the utility on the system.
For this, you can simply go to the start menu and search for the IJ scan utility. Click on it to start it.
- For this, you will have to click on the start icon.
- Next, choose the All apps option.
- Under this, look for the canon utility option and then click on it.
- Choose the IJ Scan utility option.
Instructions for Setup
To download and install the utility, you need to follow the following procedure.
- To start with, you will have to download the required file on the system. After this, you need to go to the computer settings option and then check the location where your file is saved.
- Next, you will have to double-click on the file that you have downloaded and then mount that on the disk image.
- You will then have to double-click on the image.
- When done, you will have to click on the packaged file and the installation process will begin.
Read also: IJ Scan Utility for Windows/Mac
Steps to Scan Documents Via Canon IJ Scan Utility
Now, if you have downloaded and installed the IJ scan utility, you can easily scan the documents or photos. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to scan the documents.
- To start with, you will have to make sure that you have turned on the hardware of your scanner.
- Next, you will have to place your document on the platen on the printer.
- After this, you will have to run the Canon IJ Scan utility on the system.
- Now, you need to choose the auto option and then the scanning process will start.
- In case you do not want to process with scanning, you can choose the cancel option. You can also change the settings by clicking on the Settings option and then change all the settings as required.
To Wind Up
So, this is how you can download and install the Canon IJ scan utility. All the steps mentioned in the article will help you to carry out the process easily. In case you still have issues, contact the support team. We hope that the article has helped.