Enter Printer Model
Canon is a top-notch brand in the printer and scanner industry. It provides users with some reliable and excellent printers in the market. Other than the hardware, they provide you with the utilities to make your work easier. In this post, we have talked about one such utility, which is IJ Network Tool. The network tool helps you to modify the network settings of your printer according to your needs. Check out this guide to know in detail what the Canon IJ Network tool is and how you can use it.
Introduction to Canon IJ Network Tool
IJ Network tool is a program that you can use to modify the settings of the network. This will allow you to view the settings correctly and also change them as needed. You will have to install the utility when you complete the setup of your Canon printer. This utility can help you because it reset all the settings when you connect the printer to a new network. To know more about the tool, keep on reading this article.
Points to Know About Canon IJ Network Tool
Before you use the Canon IJ network tool on the system, here are some facts that you must know about the tool. Check out the list of points below.
- The first thing you will have to do is to ensure the methods of connection you are making. If you want to connect the printer via LAN, you need to get the connectivity cable, LAN Modem, and more.
- Also, ensure that you do not use the tool while you are performing essential functions on your printer like scanning, printing.
- Other than this, you will also have to make sure not to carry out any operations while you are using this tool
- Next, if you will use the tool when you have turned on the firewall on the system, a warning prompt will appear on the screen. It indicates that the Canon printer is attempting to connect to the network. So, it would help if you chose the always allow the option for the same.
- Though the tool will support Windows XP, you will not access the fast user switching feature. To access this feature, you will have to exit from the software.
The Process to Download IJ Network Tool
Now that you know everything about the tool, here is how you can download the Canon IJ Network tool on the system to use it. Check out the steps mentioned below to download the network tool on the system.
- First, you will have to open the web browser on the system. Make sure that you have updated the web browser before using it on the system.
- Next, you will have to visit the official Canon website and then open the support page.
- On the support page, you will have to look for the software and drivers option.
- In the next window, you will have to choose the printer model that you are using. You will be asked to enter the model number of the printer. Type it properly.
- When done, you will have to choose the drivers and downloads option.
- Under this, select the operating system that you are using. Make sure that you select the appropriate operating system.
- Now, a list of all the available software will appear on the screen. You need to look for the IJ network tool.
- Next, you will have to check the complete specification of the tool.
- When done, click on the download button to begin the installation process.
- Now, wait for the process to complete.
The Process to Install IJ Network Tool
When you download Canon IJ Network tool on the system, the next thing that you have to do is to install it on the system. Below we have mentioned all the steps to install the IJ network tool on the system.
- First, you need to find the folder in which you have downloaded the file on the system.
- Next, you will have to double-click on the downloaded file and start the installation window.
- Now, you need to look for the pkg file and click on it. It will start the installation process on the system.
- You will then have to follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- When the process completes, you need to choose the close button and end the installer window.
- In the end, you will have to start the system again.
You May Also Like: IJ.Start.Canon
The Process to Access Canon IJ Network Tool
After downloading and installing the tool on the system, you need to run it on the system. The process to run depends upon the operating system that you are using. Below we have mentioned the steps to access the tool on Mac, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- For this, you need to click on the start icon on the screen.
- You will then have to choose the option for all programs.
- A list of all the programs installed on the system will appear on the screen. You will have to select the Canon utility option.
- Under this, choose the option for the IJ Network tool.
- Click on it again, and the tool will begin on the system.
For Windows 8, you will have to click on the start icon on the screen. You will then have to look for the canon utilities like the IJ network device setup utility. Under this, you will have to look for the IJ network tool. You will then have to click on it to run it on the system. In case you fail to find it quickly, you can click on the search box; in the search box, type Network tool. Click on the appropriate option and then run the tool on the system.
- For this, you will have to start a finder on the system from Mac’s dock.
- You will then have to look for the Go icon on the left side of the screen and then click on it.
- Now, you need to choose the application option and then open the Canon utility option.
- When done, in the folder, you need to look for the Canon IJ network tool.
- Now, click on it to run the tool on the system.
Read Also : IJ Scan Utility for Windows/Mac
Steps to Measure Network Link Using the Tool
With the help of the IJ network device setup utility, you can also check the output network link. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to choose the setup option on your system. In case you are using it on your phone, you will have to choose the setup preparation option and then click on it.
- Next, the configuration window will appear on the screen. You need to choose the model number of your printer.
- When done, the network access window will open on the screen, and then you need to type the password and click on the connect option to connect the printer.
- The configuration window will now terminate on the system, and your printer will be off. You will then have to unplug the USB also.
- Now, the network tool will decide the method in which your printer and communication point will connect.
- When you are using the transfer efficiency tool, it will check if you have enough bandwidth to print a document or not.
- Now, if the connection is weak, you will have to click on the Next button, and if the connection is strong, you will have to choose the finish option.
- After this, you need to choose the add button and then choose your printer.
Steps to Change Network Configuration for your Printer
In case you want to change your printer’s settings, here are all the steps that you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to connect the printer and the system using a USB cable. You will then have to open the IJ network tool on the system and then choose the printer’s option.
- When done, you will have to choose the printer that you are using, and then the network settings page will appear on the screen.
- On the page, you can change the settings as required.
- After this, you will have to choose the option for wireless LAN. This is another method that you can use to connect the printer to the network.
- On this page, you will find different options like ports and direct networks.
- Other than this, you can also choose the network SSID to which the printer is connected. In case you wish to change it, you can click on the select option and then redirect it to the link of your wifi network.
- After this, you will have to choose the option for WPA or WEP by using the arrows provided beside the option. You will then have to click on the package option.
- Next, you will have to put your TCP/IP printer and then choose the option to look for the IP address automatically.
- When done, you will have to choose the option for administrative password and enter the password two times, one in the password field and the other in the confirm password field.
- You will then have to select all the parameters and then click on the Ok button. All the wireless printer settings will appear on the screen.
With all the steps mentioned above, you will be able to use the Canon IJ network tool. We have tried to provide you with all the information that you need to know about the tool. In case you face issues using the tool, you can also seek help from the support team. We hope that the article has helped you.