Enter Printer Model
Canon Printer Driver and software for your model is a must for utilizing all the devices such as your printer, scanner, fax machines, and much more perfectly. Regardless of having a new PC, printer, an updated OS, or having trouble with your PC and Printer communication, updating your drivers or reinstalling Canon Driver Download can be helpful.
Downloading Canon printer drivers can be confusing, you need to cautiously install the software and drivers of your canon printer model that are compatible with your PC.
In this informative article, we will discuss how to manually or automatically start Canon driver download and find the driver or software that your operating system requires in accordance with the model you have.
Canon Driver Download – Precautions To Take
After downloading the canon drivers, some users still face trouble in the installation part. To prevent such events, the user needs to take some precautions that are given below :
- Check the system requirements needed for installing the driver.
- If the dialog box “User Account Control” appears on the screen then make sure whether you are logged on using an Administrator account. Select “Continue” or “Allow”
- If you are using a standard user account then provide the password of “Administrator account” and tap “OK”.
- Try to have a stable internet connection.
- Ensure good communication among the client operating system and the domain controller
- Verify if you are using the client PC as a domain user that has Administrator rights.
- In such events where the “Windows Security” dialog box appears, hit a click on “Install this driver anyway”.
- If the same dialog box pops up while installation, choose “Yes”. Now the firewall block will be removed and the installation process can begin.
- In case the installation fails somehow, try to reinstall it after closing other applications. If this doesn’t work then uninstall the driver before restarting the computer, and reinstall it again.
- If the software troubles you after updating your operating system then remove the software, then try reinstalling it.
How to Effortlessly Download Canon Printer Driver
Canon driver download unlocks the full potential of your printer and even helps find lost drivers for old printers. Your Canon Printer should update the drivers automatically by themselves, but at times they don’t.
You can find and download the Canon driver for your printer model via the official website, driver update tools such as driver downloader or through the CD that was provided with the printer. Let’s discuss the methods to download Canon drivers.
Read also : Canon Printer Download
Downloading Canon Driver via Website
To manually begin the canon driver download, you need to visit the official website of canon and then cautiously follow the below steps :
- After visiting the canon website, select the canon device or type the model number.
- Choose your operating system.
- Now, download the driver.
- After downloading the driver, run the downloaded file and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
The above process can be used for Canon Pixma mg2522, Canon mx922, Canon mx 490 and Canon mf743cdw drivers as well.
Downloading Canon Driver Automatically
For downloading the canon driver automatically, a driver update tool will be required such as “Driver Downloader”. This amazing tool works effortlessly and saves plenty of users’ time.
In order to download and install “Driver Downloader”, you need to follow the steps mentioned below :
- Download “Driver Downloader” via an internet browser.
- Launch the downloaded file generally named “Driver_Downloader.exe”.
- Follow the ongoing instructions that your screen shows.
- Once the software is installed it will automatically search for the missing drivers.
Canon Driver Download Through the CD
You will get a setup CD along with your printer. It contains the setup of the drivers that you need. You can either install them using CD or download them to your computer.
Below are the steps on how you can download them on your PC.
- Firstly, Insert the software CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Now, open the icon “My Computer”.
- Open the “CD-ROM” icon.
- You will get the list of drivers needed for your device.
- Select the drivers from the driver list.
- Right-tap on the selected driver list.
- Choose the option “Copy”.
- Now return to the desktop and Right-tap on the location where you want to paste the chosen files then use the option “paste”.
After successfully downloading the drivers to your PC via CD. The users are now required to launch the files (downloaded) and follow the on-screen instructions to install them.
How to Update – Canon Printer Drivers
Every device faces bugs and errors and to tackle them Canon releases timely updates for the printer drivers and its other products. Drivers are the reason to enable communication between the printer and user’s operating system, so updating them should be given utmost importance. Canon driver can be updated through windows update or Canon Website. Let’s discuss them.
Through Windows Update
Start the PC using an account via a local administrator that has access to the PC or server along with the physical printer that has the current driver installed.
- Now, hit “start”, then look for the search box and type (Windows Update) (without brackets)
- On the left side, select “Check for updates” and hit a click on the “Optional updates available”. If any link appears then you can update the driver by it.
Through Canon Website
If you didn’t find any update by using the above method, then use the following steps :
- Reach Canon website.
- Select the tab “Canon Support & Drivers”
- In the search box, provide your Canon printer model printed on the front or top of the device and then hit “search”.
- A list will appear and you can choose your model.
- Tap on the link “Drivers and Software” that appears under your model.
- Choose “Windows” from the OS along with the version – 64 or 32-bit. To know the version, you need to tap right-click on the “computer” icon then select “properties”.
- Tap a click on the link “Drivers”.
- You will see the list of drivers that are placed in order by date.
- If you find your driver having the latest date, Read “Terms and Conditions” and then tap on “I agree” to start the download.
- Now, run the file and follow the set of instructions appearing on your PC.
- If the downloaded file is a zip archive then you need to extract files first and then you will be able to install it.
We hope our article solved all your queries regarding the Canon driver download. Whether it was for downloading, updating or precautions, we have provided you with the most effective solutions. Moreover, the information gathered here is from the most dependable sources. It will save you time and energy.